The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possible Bug in the GF1???

jsnack

Either this is a weird bug on the camera...or it's just my camera.

When setting the film mode option, you have these options: "Multi Film", "Multi Film 1," "Multi Film 2," & "Multi Film 3." I had Multi Film 1 set to "standard", Multi Film 2 set to "Vibrant" & Multi Film 3 set to Black & White Dynamic.

When I snap a picture, I noticed that every 3rd. picture was in Black & White...in other words, each snap is cycling through the Film Modes.

I have to set all 3 film modes to the same setting so I can consistently shoot.

Anyone else notice this...or is there something else I didn't set right?

Terry

You can set the camera to take the same picture 3 times, one with each film mode. So if you go to multi film mode and set three different film modes AND you then shoot in multi you get three shots. If you only want one shot you should just use that single film mode not the multi.

example:
If I want Dynamic B&W I will go to that setting. However, if I want the camera to make 3 different jpegs I could set one to smooth B&W, one to dynamic B&W and a third to nature or even your own custom ones (my film). Set the camera to burst and then hold the shutter down and the camera will take three exposures, one each way.

jsnack

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to set anything other than Multi Film. How do I change out of Multi Film mode?

Thanks for the help.

Terry

Two ways,
In the Record Menu (camera) it is the first choice on the first page. use the left and right arrow keys to cycle through the choices (only relevant if you are shooting jpeg). Alternatively, on the quick menu when you get to the film mode option you will see a whole list of choices.

gfspencer

I'm glad you figured out the fact that your camera does not have a bug. :thumbup: Things like that happen to me all the time. :eek: New cameras just have way too many options for an old guy like me. :eek:

Last weekend I was doing a wedding for my nephew. I'm a retired Army chaplain so I was doing the service. Nevertheless, I carried my cameras. I used my GF-1 and handed my 50D to my son. (My son has a 5D MKII but he didn't bring it with him. He's a computer engineer by trade.) He started doing all kinds of things with the 50D that I never knew it could do. :eek: Maybe I should stick with my old film cameras.