The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for GGS protector for GF-1

slosync

Does anyone know which GGS screen protector will fit the GF-1? Perhaps it's the identical size to the GH-1?

Here's the screen cover for the GH-1:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/3-GGS-LCD-Glass-Screen-Protector-For-Panasonic-DMC-GH1_W0QQitemZ260413834731QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Camera_Accessories?hash=item3ca1dfc5eb[/URL]
The G1 and GF1 screens are 3" on the diagonal and the DPReview review of the GH1 says 3 inches also. I ordered one for my GF1. I should now in a week or so....:D

Cheers,
Don

laptoprob

Ah, you meant glass. What is GGS? Laminated? I have self-adhesive transparant foil. Cheap and effective.

tom in mpls

GGS is some type of very thin, rigid glass. I have it on my Sony A900; it's a very hard surface, and leaves no ridges or bubbles. I cannot tell that there is anything covering the LCD screen. In my opinion this is the best type.

J

jerryk

GGS is some type of very thin, rigid glass. I have it on my Sony A900; it's a very hard surface, and leaves no ridges or bubbles. I cannot tell that there is anything covering the LCD screen. In my opinion this is the best type.
Tom,

Is there any issue with the glass breaking and scratching the LCD?

wjlapier

I was considering the GGS cover before my GF1 arrived. But since I've had the camera, cleaning the LCD with my shirt tail, no scratches, so I'm going without. I was concerned because my Canon G9 screened got scratches just looking at it. But so far so good. Panasonic must have some hard type of coating.