The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Mike - the color pallette of these Olive Grove shots is outstanding. Reminds me of John Constable's paintings. He is said to have been early inspiration to the impressionists.

Keith
Thanks Keith, I have been striving for the moody rich color pallette. Just watched a documentary on Turner and I was really inspired by his use of color.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I received my m4/3 to M42 tilt converter from www.adranololli.com.

With my Pentax 50/1.4 I got some early good results. The adapter is well made, fits well to my G1 and takes my Pentax and Russian M42 lenses with no problem.
It's very similar to my Lensbaby Composer, but has the advantage of being able to put some legacy lenses onto it.

Seems to have 30% less tilt than the Lensbaby

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member

With my Pentax 50/1.4 I got some early good results. The adapter is well made, fits well to my G1 and takes my Pentax and Russian M42 lenses with no problem.
It's very similar to my Lensbaby Composer, but has the advantage of being able to put some legacy lenses onto it.

Seems to have 30% less tilt than the Lensbaby

Keith

I love this image Keith. I think I might have to buy one of these adapters. I wished it would work for all my Cosina Voigtlander lenses. I guess I would have to start buying other lenses now.

mike

Leica 77

With my Pentax 50/1.4 I got some early good results. The adapter is well made, fits well to my G1 and takes my Pentax and Russian M42 lenses with no problem. It's very similar to my Lensbaby Composer, but has the advantage of being able to put some legacy lenses onto it. Seems to have 30% less tilt than the Lensbaby

Keith

Hi Keith,
I should obtain one of these tilt adapters! All the best, Leica 77.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I love this image Keith. I think I might have to buy one of these adapters. I wished it would work for all my Cosina Voigtlander lenses. I guess I would have to start buying other lenses now.

mike
Mike - there are some very nice legacy lenses out there. I picked the M42 adapter because I have a few M42 Russian lenses which are excellent and very cheap. I also have a couple of Pentax M42 including my cherished 50/1.4 bokeh lens.
Check out this discussion
http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00R9c1

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is another test shot from my tilt adapter. This one is from a newly acquired Pentax 28/3.5 M42 lens

All of these tilt shots are taken wide open

My initial impressions is that this adapter has a more creative factor than Lensbaby because of the variety of lenses you can put on it. It is not so easy to adjust (but easy enough for me, and this is early days)

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here is another test shot from my tilt adapter. This one is from a newly acquired Pentax 28/3.5 M42 lens

All of these tilt shots are taken wide open

My initial impressions is that this adapter has a more creative factor than Lensbaby because of the variety of lenses you can put on it. It is not so easy to adjust (but easy enough for me, and this is early days)

Keith

Love the look you are getting with this adapter. I have a couple of olympus lenses, so I guess I'll head in that direction.

mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Where do you get your goat images - do you have one in the back yard?

Keith
He was there in the landscape of Greece. This was almost a straight image. I added texture and had to clone out a branch. The rest was just color work.
I wish I had a goat in the backyard, then I wouldn't have to mow all the time.

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I wish I had a goat in the backyard, then I wouldn't have to mow all the time.

We could share one :)

Diane B

I've been holding back on this because I upset a member on another forum by pointing out that his image was a sheep. I think the one in Mike's images is a sheep also LOL--notice that it appears to have a longer 'coat' and is grazing from the ground. In Italy, Greece, Portugal, etc., they often herd goats and sheep together.

I say this since I was a longtime breeder of sheep and dairy goats (probably 20 year LOL--the sheep for wool but meat also and the dairy goats for milk, yogurt, cheese). A city girl with a professional career back in the late 60's/70's who moved from urban to rural and enthusiastically embraced the lifestyle. For anyone wondering, I've done a lot of things in my life LOL (as probably most of us have)--some of them blending easily with the other parts, some not so easily.

I know this is OT--but--just for a little education here. The sheep will 'mow/graze' since they like to eat at ground level though they will occasionally reach up and eat higher. Goats like to eat above ground level, much as deer do (they are all ruminants--multi-stomached that chew their cuds) so they will eat a variety of herbacious plants, but I can guarantee you that they can be extremely fussy about their food if they have a choice LOL. Probably more than most want/need to know LOL. They require good fencing--sheep less so--goats are clever and enjoy 'games'--like opening gates.

BTW--I like the olive grove images also and the sheep just adds that detail that draws us in.

Diane