The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
EP-1 with 40MM 1.4

Two images merged with textures. One of textures set to difference.

Mike
OMG - I see hobgoblins, fairies, and Victoriana all over that image. It's clever to make it look like a cross section. Reminds me of some of the lovely drawings that Heath Robinson did of these twilight scenes.

:thumbs:

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Yes Keith, it is kind of spooky. Guess it's not such a good picture to post before the holidays. I'll have to look up the work of Heath Robinson. Thanks for that info.

mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yes Keith, it is kind of spooky. Guess it's not such a good picture to post before the holidays. I'll have to look up the work of Heath Robinson. Thanks for that info.

mike
Robinson only did a few of these drawings before he got into the weird machine phase. Other artists this reminds me of is Arthur Rackham (did lots of tree roots) and of course Aubrey Beardsley

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Suffolk Window"
One image and two textures

G1 with Oly 9-18

Thanks for the support and Happy Holidays

Keith

JBurnett

Such creativity in this forum -- here and the bokeh thread! While we can get very sophisticated these days with software, I thought I'd share a crude "blend" that I created in 1974 -- 35 years ago! The technique was pretty simple: combine two slides in the same mount. :)

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Process the first texture and use it as a background for another?

Basically yes. Also merging the texture group for the first interation and then adding a second layer set works.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Such creativity in this forum -- here and the bokeh thread! While we can get very sophisticated these days with software, I thought I'd share a crude "blend" that I created in 1974 -- 35 years ago! The technique was pretty simple: combine two slides in the same mount. :)

As we can see the image counts and not the technique. This is excellent.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Textures itself can be so beautiful:

This was created blending paper and pebble textures.

Here is a sample (G1) using this texture:

Last edited: