The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
Feeling dark today--I wanted to go whole hog or nothing on this one LOL. Still not sure how I feel about it--but its how I felt as I shot it--or at least how I feel today as I think about it. Two versions.

Diane
Diane,

the brighter version is too hot in the highlights for me. The other works better.

DHart

Cool Diane! I think the second one feels more natural to me because the bricks look a little incongruous over a landscape sky... to me... but as Uwe felt, I like the less bright/more muted tones of the first.

m3photo

Re: Two Versions

Feeling dark today--I wanted to go whole hog or nothing on this one LOL. Still not sure how I feel about it--but its how I felt as I shot it--or at least how I feel today as I think about it. Two versions.
Hmm, I'll be my usual picky self and choose the top one but with the middle ground of the lower one. I like your choice of the brick texture as befits the industrial look.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Diane
Second one for me - I like the treatment of the trees.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I like the second one, but I think it would be stronger if you used a more subtle texture in the sky and not so bright. Maybe if you thru in some strong clouds over the texture. Bottom half looks really nice.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Windows

Yes, I prefer this version - wide and spacious works better with this technique.
I wonder, why are some of the division lines thicker than others? This has occurred in both examples ...
There could be a few reasons:

The lines in the base image are also all over the place - so I don't want to put a mechanical "aligned by photoshop" on it

I'm too eager to get it done, so I didn't bother to figure out how to do "aligned by photoshop" I aligned 50 images manually - the next phase of the project will be to move away from the confinement of squares.

I wanted viewers to wonder why some lines are thicker than others :ROTFL:

Hey, I'm only in the early stages of this project :deadhorse:

Keith

Leica 77

This one is called "Chile Windows"
Keith
Hi Keith,
Lovey shot! I have always liked reflections on glass windows wherever they may be. The reflected images at times tend to accentuate the character of vernacular architecture and other local cultural flavors unique to the place. Best regards, Leica 77.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wow, Keith! Another masterpiece! I really like the composition, texture, and all! Best, Leica 77.
Thanks Leica - as in all the best projects you start of doing something completely different, and achieving something else in record time!

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Footballer Canvas

Thank you Keith. Here's something along similar lines:
I really like the smudgy figures in these, Michael. Are you starting with an OOF image? (not a trick question :deadhorse:)
A lady in the market only has one leg - I can't believe that simple blending would have done that, maybe you painted it out?:toocool:

Nice stuff, are you printing them? - I think they would look nice on canvas.

Keith

m3photo

Re: Footballer Canvas

I really like the smudgy figures in these, Michael. Are you starting with an OOF image? (not a trick question :deadhorse:)
A lady in the market only has one leg - I can't believe that simple blending would have done that, maybe you painted it out?:toocool:

Nice stuff, are you printing them? - I think they would look nice on canvas.

Keith
Thank you Keith.
In this set I start out with in-focus images that include human figures but apply vertical motion blur to them before beginning the blend process - here is a previously posted example that is clearer in this respect:

As for the "one-legged" lady, she does have two; her right leg is behind her, propelling her forward but is further hidden by the blend textures.

I haven't printed them yet (low on funds :cry:) but I reckon printing precisely this type of image on canvas would be rather :deadhorse: but you may be right, I'll have to try it both ways.