The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
Re: Footballer Canvas

but I reckon printing precisely this type of image on canvas would be rather :deadhorse: but you may be right, I'll have to try it both ways.
Looks like canvas without canvas. But it may work very well.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I broke down and bought an E-P2. I found that I was using my G1 all the time because, for one reason or another, focusing through the LCD on my E-P1 was not good for me (in bright sun, useless)

Here is a quick blend taken with the E-P2, tilt adapter and Zenitar 16mm lens

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Like it. Not sure about the scribble on the right though?
Thanks Uwe:

This is only the second total abstract I've done through blending, and I'm excited because the possibilities are endless.

This one was using 3 images:
- a bokehgraph with double line bokeh
- a section of my doodle pad (the circle on the left side is the result of using a punch to make a hole for a card airplane that I was making!)
- a small part of an oil painting hanging in my living room

The "difference" mode in blending can do some powerful stuff

Keith

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Of this page I really like the first of Uwe - Spray booth - very nice toning and historical feel.
Also the two reflecting buildings of Keith and the Market scene of Michael.
Just go away for some time and new works are popping up like daisys in the spring, even when some people are taking naps in between. :D

Michiel

- Fairy tale -

ustein

Contributing Editor
Of this page I really like the first of Uwe - Spray booth - very nice toning and historical feel.
Also the two reflecting buildings of Keith and the Market scene of Michael.
Just go away for some time and new works are popping up like daisys in the spring, even when some people are taking naps in between. :D

Michiel

- Fairy tale -
Great mood. Not sure what to make of the content.

btrancho

Once again I've been away for a while and it's taken me quite a while to get through the pages of this thread I needed to catch up on. Really inspiring stuff being done here. I particularly enjoy Diane B's first factory shot.

While I was down in NYC visiting my daughter and new grand-daughter I took little Emeilia for a walk around her Brooklyn neighborhood and got this shot.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Once again I've been away for a while and it's taken me quite a while to get through the pages of this thread I needed to catch up on. Really inspiring stuff being done here. I particularly enjoy Diane B's first factory shot.

While I was down in NYC visiting my daughter and new grand-daughter I took little Emeilia for a walk around her Brooklyn neighborhood and got this shot.

Very powerful image, Bob. Colors are really nice

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor

Brilliant!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thank you Keith. Here's something along similar lines:

First let me say I am not all that big on blends -- different strokes for different folks. That said, I *really* like this impressionistic canvas look!

btrancho

Brilliant!
Thanks all. It was shot with the Panny G1 and the 20/1.7 at 1.7. The resulting bokeh worked very nicely with that particular texture.

I can't resist being the proud grandfather. Here's little Emelia in her stroller during that walk. Same camera and lens but cropped and softened a bit.

m3photo

First let me say I am not all that big on blends -- different strokes for different folks. That said, I *really* like this impressionistic canvas look!
Thank you Jack. It's the canvas look that really attracts me to Mike Reignier's work too.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thanks all. It was shot with the Panny G1 and the 20/1.7 at 1.7. The resulting bokeh worked very nicely with that particular texture.

I can't resist being the proud grandfather. Here's little Emelia in her stroller during that walk. Same camera and lens but cropped and softened a bit.
No Blending :deadhorse: