The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I don't like repetitive textures much

Think of these as an element to blend with other textures.

m3photo

Re: Fabrics

There are some in there that may be worth shooting--hmmmm, we'll see. I don't like repetitive textures much, so will look for more complex weaves that have large repeats along and perhaps mix with some of my more 'random' textures I've shot and accumulated.
Can't wait! :)
You're quite right. Repetitive designs don't work, that's one of the reasons painted canvas and random cracked walls do so well.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like this one a lot, Keith. It reminds me of some things I've seen with experimental print-making -- emulsion transfers and such.
Thanks Jon

I think you are getting as much fun out of this stuff as I am. I really like the tilt adapter, and have been inspired with Mike's work. I stretched this image by x2 vertically - wouldn't have done that before Mike appeared on the scene.

Keith

m3photo

Re: Stretching

I stretched this image by x2 vertically - wouldn't have done that before Mike appeared on the scene.
I'm with you on this one. Stretching some subjects really adds to the overall idea quite well. I find that I still prefer the two by three format I always had with my 35mm slides and therefore quite often take a 4:3 image from the G1 and give it that extra width to fit 24x36.

Busy Street

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Stretching

I'm with you on this one. Stretching some subjects really adds to the overall idea quite well. I find that I still prefer the two by three format I always had with my 35mm slides and therefore quite often take a 4:3 image from the G1 and give it that extra width to fit 24x36.

Busy Street

Michael

Are you sure this is not a bokehgraph? :deadhorse:

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
These last few posts have been very nice. I enjoy coming back to the site every so often during the day to see what every one has been up to. there is some really nice work being done here.

cheers
Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
These last few posts have been very nice. I enjoy coming back to the site every so often during the day to see what every one has been up to. there is some really nice work being done here.

cheers
Mike
Mike, I think especially your work inspired and pushed us all. Very nice thread.

m3photo

Re: Bokehgraph

Are you sure this is not a bokehgraph?
I'm not sure of anything anymore :cry: :D

I placed this image here because I blended five layers to do it but you're also correct as they were all out of focus to start with!

Your idea of combining this and the "Blend" threads was a good one - any luck with the "Bosses"?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michael - I didn't pursue the idea of merging the bokeh threads with the blends. Instead I had an epiphany :bugeyes: when I got my Lensbabies and tilt adapter, and started working on some images. I found myself concentrating on what I could do for a single image, trying to pull out as much as I could from it.

When Mike posted some early Lensbaby stuff in the bokehgraphy thread, he inspired me to get one. From there I decided to learn PS and try some of his other techniques. I now bounce between the bokeh stuff and blends.

The series of three pictures I put up recently are pure single image bokehgraphs with OOF and textures produced by pure mechanical means and LightRoom sliders. I did one variation with texture blending and posted it in the blends thread.

So, in summary, I'm happy to work in either thread. If we brought them together I strongly feel we should differentiate 75% Camera/25%PS, and 25%Camera/75%PS

But I don't think we need to dilute this exciting space with too many threads.

Right now I am experimenting with "digital Hockney joiners" and probably they would deserve a thread of their own - but I don't know if we have enough interested parties to sustain it.

Lots of stuff going on - but that's gooood :deadhorse:

Keith