The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

btrancho

Wow, I've been gone for a few days while doing some visiting and then tearing down and upgrading my computer (new HD, new monitor, upgrade to Win 7, reloading all my software, actions, etc.) and this thread is still producing really beautiful work.

I especially like Mike's "Into the Trees" and Keith's "Christ Church Cathedral, Stanley, Falkland Islands".

Here's a corn crib at a farm nearby.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wow, I've been gone for a few days while doing some visiting and then tearing down and upgrading my computer (new HD, new monitor, upgrade to Win 7, reloading all my software, actions, etc.) and this thread is still producing really beautiful work.

I especially like Mike's "Into the Trees" and Keith's "Christ Church Cathedral, Stanley, Falkland Islands".

Here's a corn crib at a farm nearby.
I love the textures on this one, Bob :salute:

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Ocean Fire

I was watching a documentary one night about Turner's life and paintings and it inspired this image.

Mike

DHart

Welcome Don. Leave the Harley in a snug warm place for a while and start up the blender! :D
Thanks for the welcome, Michael. I'll get working on that blender... the weather this time of year often keeps the Harley in a snug warm place. ;)

ustein

Contributing Editor
Ocean Fire

I was watching a documentary one night about Turner's life and paintings and it inspired this image.

Mike
Mike, the mood is great. Just would be a bit worried how the large dark areas would look on a print.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Mike, the mood is great. Just would be a bit worried how the large dark areas would look on a print.
Hi Uwe,

Actually I am working on a 36x36 inch print of that for a show I have coming up in Laguna Beach this spring. So far it looks great and I think the wax will work with it well. The dark areas are deep, but it is suppose to be a dark and moody piece so I'm happy with it. The wax over that adds depth and texture which probably helps as well.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Turner Inspiration

I love dark. But these prints need strong museum light to show what they are.
We have a variety of prints hanging in our house from light to dark and we also have track lighting, so the prints that need it, get the good spot and others don't need direct light.
I think viewing dark images on a monitor can be hit and miss with the general public, but I imagine most of us on this forum probably have calibrated monitors.
I find that with most of my images that are blends, they are usually on the dramatic side. There are the exceptions, such as this one which looks good in normal room light.

Mike