The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

m3photo

Re: Across the River

The picture is really good - very much like Constable. What's it look like with the concrete toned down, and even eliminated from the bottom 20%? Is this Spain?
That's a special compliment for me as Constable is my favourite landscape painter, thank you Keith.
I didn't tone down (sic) the concrete as the background contains many modern houses that spoil the look. Yes it's Spain, technically - this island in the middle of the river is Spanish territory but the aforementioned background is Portugal across the Miño river.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Where do the days go? Some very creative and wonderful images in this thread as usual. I haven't been doing too much "experimentation" lately, but I had some fun with what became part of my lunch recently.

Like the B&W a lot. Lot of masking?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith,
This one is superb! It reminds me of the Ukiyoe woodblock prints by such Masters as Hokusai and Utamaro of the 18th century. Simply gorgeous. Best regards, Leica 77.
Thanks Leica - I've been to Japan a lot, so maybe something stayed with me.

Stay tuned, because four weeks from today I will start my BAD project.

The BAD project will be to do a Bokehgraph A Day during my next cruise, which takes me across the Atlantic and through the Mediterranean to Rome, then fly back home via the UK. This will involve something like 30 bokehgraphs - which should keep the thread numbers up :deadhorse:

Regards

Keith

Leica 77

Thanks Leica - I've been to Japan a lot, so maybe something stayed with me.
Stay tuned, because four weeks from today I will start my BAD project.
The BAD project will be to do a Bokehgraph A Day during my next cruise, which takes me across the Atlantic and through the Mediterranean to Rome, then fly back home via the UK. This will involve something like 30 bokehgraphs - which should keep the thread numbers up :deadhorse:
Regards Keith
Hi Keith,
Your BAD Project will be a real GOOD project for the Bokeh Thread. We shall stay tuned. The next cruise sounds exciting, sailing across the Atlantic, traveling through the Mediterranean to Rome, flying to the UK ... One of my future travels will involve flying to one of the archipelagos in South East Asia. Alfred Russel Wallace might have sailed through these islands in scooners. All the best, Leica 77. :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Superb, Keith !
Rafael
Thanks Leica and Raf

This one starts with one of my own personal favorite images, and (although I don't do this often,) here is the original.

In the previous post I put a texture on it to get it up here again (it's posted somewhere else) - and the texture just extends the Galaxy across the whole image (and adds a lot of noise :cussing:)

Regards
Keith