The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
This is called "Starry, Starry, Night"

Keith

Nice one Keith. The subject matter works really well with the negative look. That's a tuff one to pull off. I've been tempted to go more abstract on some of my shots as well.

cheers
MIke

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice one Keith. The subject matter works really well with the negative look. That's a tuff one to pull off. I've been tempted to go more abstract on some of my shots as well.

cheers
MIke
Thanks Mike:

Blending seems to always take me to abstraction to one degree or another.

The thing is, you never know what to expect (especially in difference mode). I think you need a whole lot of experience and some trusted textures to say "this is what I want to do" and eventually get there.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Was a typo: " You could (re-)use the moon". Or was the moon in the original cloud shot?
Ah! The moon was in the sky at that spot, but I had to wait till the clouds cleared slightly. then I put the two images together. I hope it doesn't look fake. It is real, sort of!

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
Ah! The moon was in the sky at that spot, but I had to wait till the clouds cleared slightly. then I put the two images together. I hope it doesn't look fake. It is real, sort of!

Mike
Does not look fake (just when knowing your work a bit :) ).

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"A Walk In The Park"

This is a beautiful park below the Prague Castle. It’s not always open, but when it is, I always like to take a walk from one end to the other. The Castle is on top of the hill on the right.
Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"A Walk In The Park"

This is a beautiful park below the Prague Castle. It’s not always open, but when it is, I always like to take a walk from one end to the other. The Castle is on top of the hill on the right.
Mike
Nice one Mike - works very well to convey the detailed structure of the foliage

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Dream Walking"
EP-1 with 40mm f 1.4 CV
I used the B&W art filter on the camera and then added a couple of background textures.

Mike