The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
I knew someone would ask that question. No, I put them in. Do you think it looks fake? It is hard to find just the right opacity or blur to make it look right. Again, I approach my shots as if I could paint (I wish), the sky looked to empty and I didn't want to add clouds, but the birds seemed to be just the right touch, that is as long as it looks real. So I'm curious about that?

Mike
Is a nice touch and does not look fake. Just wanted to know :)

ustein

Contributing Editor
I would leave the swan in the back. It somehow distracts me from the quite mood and looks a bit cliche to me. But I am sure more people than not will like it this way.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I would leave the swan in the back. It somehow distracts me from the quite mood and looks a bit cliche to me. But I am sure more people than not will like it this way.
I'll take a look at it that way. I think the angle might be an issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I think I need to live with this image for awhile. I think one of the hazards about trying to post a new image every day on my http://regnierstudionews.com/ site is that you don't spend enough time critiquing the image. I like the idea of the swan being smaller and further back because it isn't quite the cliche, as you pointed out earlier, but I think maybe the composition is stronger with it up front. It makes a nice triangle with the trees on each side, but it is more typical. Any way, I appreciate your time and comments, I'll keep looking at it for awhile.

cheers
Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
With this last version the tree reflections and the swan have about equal weight. In the first image they dominated the nice reflections. At least for me.

Bus as you said this is a difficult balance and no right/wrong.

Uwe

ustein

Contributing Editor
Often I like textures itself:

Was also used for this new version of my Swallow Tail Butterfly:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've long had an attraction for Rosie - the Queen of Corona

I'm going to try to do a series. Hope it works out

This is called "Rosie in the Water"

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Birds Over The Czech Countryside”

Flying thru the Czech countryside in our car. I love shooting this way. The foreground trees and bushes are blurred because they are close to the road, but the distant trees remain somewhat sharp.
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Get Out Of My Picture Lady"
I know it’s a strange title, but how many times has this happened to you when you are trying to take a photo and someone walks in front of you?Of course I made this image from a couple of images so I’m just having fun with the title. But it does happen all the time. But this one, I like.

Mike