The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice Keith. The texture really works well on this image and I like the flowers in the foreground. It helps to give it a sense of depth.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is an abstract (surprised we don't see more in the blends thread)

"Cafe in Barcelona"

Named after the underlying image

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Mike - we got an abstract from you :deadhorse:

Your color palette is great in all your images. Do your abstracts print up well in large versions? I would think with your wax finish, they would look much like oil paintings.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I actually did this shot about a month ago, but I thought maybe it was too abstract. I think it would print up really well and yes with the wax, it would be interesting. I kept looking for a way to use it as a background with another element. I think if I were to print it, I would make this as big as possible. At least 44x44. Been thinking of printing another image that I could print on rice paper and embedding it in the wax on top of this abstract.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
The largest blends I've ever done.
I just finished doing 3 murals for a government building. They were blends of buildings in the city and a few landmarks. They will be featured in a cafeteria and corridor's etc. They are going to be printed on some kind of textured wallpaper. It was a huge (really) challenge. This one is 12 ft tall x 37 feet wide. It was the smallest of the three, one being 140 feet long. It was a fun project to work on.
Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
The largest blends I've ever done.
I just finished doing 3 murals for a government building. They were blends of buildings in the city and a few landmarks. They will be featured in a cafeteria and corridor's etc. They are going to be printed on some kind of textured wallpaper. It was a huge (really) challenge. This one is 12 ft tall x 37 feet wide. It was the smallest of the three, one being 140 feet long. It was a fun project to work on.
Mike
Interesting work.

m3photo

Interesting work? Come on Uwe, the man deserves more than that!

It's a very difficult thing to get the balance and composition to succeed on a collage like this. The touch of red lines and the upper left and lower right "Western Auto" and shuttlecock base colour just complete the whole project perfectly.

Did I say I liked it?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Mike - absolutely amazing mural, I want to use the word "gobsmacking", but some folks don's like it :wtf:

Can we see the other two?

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Interesting work? Come on Uwe, the man deserves more than that!

Technically and business wise amazing. Hard for me to judge the content at this size though. That is what I call interesting :)

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
thanks everyone. I was curious as to what you all would think. I've been working on this project for so long, that I wasn't sure about my decisions and I was changing the tones etc. right up until an hour before I sent the files and test prints off.
Here are the other two and a couple of sections so you can see the details a bit more. One of the images is very light because it is going to be a banner around the top of a hallway. The other is a long corridor mural. One is 140 feet long and the other is 96 feet.
My wife was the Architectural designer for the remodeling of the space on this project, so we worked together on this project. When the space is complete, I will take some installation shots and post them.

Mike

DHart

Fantastic, Mike. I'm curious as to the file sizes of the original images (what camera?) Also, how you handled the rezing up and what is the final dpi at printed size? Lastly, how is something like this printed?