The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Pretty cool Keith. Not sure how you got the effect, but the abstract grass is the perfect subject for this look.
Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Keith,

This is an awesome view of Cape Horn! Best, :)
Thanks Leica and Don for the kind comments. I took this while on a cruise of South America

I found this to be a very spooky place. We arrived there at 8am and the sea was as calm as it ever gets (3m waves). The lighting was spectacular.

Just one Chilean Navy family lives on it, and they rotate each year. There is a memorial to all the poor souls who died trying to get around it. We circled for about an hour and took off for the Falkland Islands (sounds like I'm in an aircraft, but this was a Holland America cruise boat)

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
>somehow they evoke emotions of strength, longevity and independence. Or am I being daft?

Not at all, also so calm. Finding trees with a near perfect shape is the hard part.

Would love to visit this tree more often but it is about 45 miles from home.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Uwe. I sure liked your spring orchards. I'm going to miss my vineyard client. It was always so great to go there at different times of the year.
Mike

DHart

Uwe... that's cool! Has a bit of an HDR-ish feel to it.

Mike... the abstract figure is beautiful... a work of art.