The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
“Tree And Branch Reflection”
Today was a beautiful foggy day for shooting, so we took the dogs and went for a stroll along the mill stream park. The dogs kept me moving all the time, so I was shooting pretty fast. I was shooting with my Olympus EP-2 and a tilt adapter with an old 28mm Pentax screw mount lens.
Mike
I like the mood, the tree and the tree reflections. The branch is more disturbing to me.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Dead Trees Reflecting"
Another shot from sunday’s foggy shoot. Also done with the Olympus EP-2 and an Italian shift adapter with a pentax screw mount 28mm lens, just in case anyone is curious.

Mike

m3photo

Re: Dead Trees Reflecting

"Dead Trees Reflecting"
Another shot from sunday’s foggy shoot. Also done with the Olympus EP-2 and an Italian shift adapter with a pentax screw mount 28mm lens, just in case anyone is curious.
I like this image Mike.

And now for something completely different ...

G1+Kit Zoom at 50mm equivalent 1/40 @ f/8 ISO 160

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Dead Trees Reflecting

After a two week journey, I'm catching up. Lovely, usual fine standards of blends from everyone.

Keep it up

Keith

leuallen

Does this qualify for a blend? Trying for a believable old time look.

Used two paper textures I got off the internet as part of the blend. Tried various blend modes. The hard part to figure out was to get the organic looking dark and light spots which look like small chemical stains. Used a white layer, filled it with a large grain pattern in color, blurred it slightly. Used the magic wand set to contiguous and threshold of 10 or so (depending upon size of blob I wanted), and add to selection. Sat for half an hour picking blobs. Depending upon the threshold and point picked, the blobs ranged from small to quite large -luck of the draw. Undid when made a bad selection. Converted selection to a mask and added to image layer with paper color layer beneath. This gave a nice random pattern of stains from small to large.

Used a grunge border mask for the edges.

You guys amaze me. I love your work. I don't do much of this kind of image but will try to in the future. I need to start build my library of textures.

GH2, 16:9, 160 ISO, 300mm Pany zoom at 162mm. Love that combo.

Larry

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Snow Pillow"
I have been bad about my daily posts for the last few months. Sorry! I think the drugs I’m taking after my knee surgery have put a damper on my creativity. I’m winding down now, so hopefully I can get back on track.
I shot this image a couple of days ago after that nice little snow fall we had. I was drawn to this broken branch because of the delicate little “snow pillow” that was created. I used my new Olympus EPL-2 with a Voightlander 50mm f/1.5 lens, in case you are interested.

Mike