The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Looking Up #1″ EPL-2 20mm f/ 1.7 Panasonic lens
This is the first in a series of what will be an on going group of images shot from the deck of our house, looking up to the sky.

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
"Snow Pillow"
I have been bad about my daily posts for the last few months. Sorry! I think the drugs I’m taking after my knee surgery have put a damper on my creativity. I’m winding down now, so hopefully I can get back on track.
I shot this image a couple of days ago after that nice little snow fall we had. I was drawn to this broken branch because of the delicate little “snow pillow” that was created. I used my new Olympus EPL-2 with a Voightlander 50mm f/1.5 lens, in case you are interested.

Mike
>I like the delicacy in this one.

+1

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Looking Up #3″ EP-2 Voightlander 50mm f/ 1.5
Another shot from my sky series. This one reminds me of an ocean wave at night.
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Color Abstracts #1″ EPL-2 panasonic 20mm f/1.7

I shot this the other day while walking thru the new wing at the Nelson-Atkins Museum. I was there with a friend to see the Ray Metzker photo exhibition, which I highly recommend. As we were leaving I took a couple of shots of light patterns on the wall and decided to make them very abstract.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Stand Of Trees #2" EP-2 20mm f/1.7
I was on my way home from Parkville, when I saw this stand of trees along the highway. I love winter trees.
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Walking In The Rain” EP-1 Voightlander 40mm f/1.4

This was shot from the backseat of a car while on a drive around Prague. I decided to focus on the raindrops on the window for the whole ride. There were lot’s of interesting possibilities.

Mike

m3photo

A wonderful image Mike. It tells a story - the in focus raindrops and the people carrying an umbrella. The colours are perfect, the blended texture, ... what's not to like?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
“Color Abstracts #1″ EPL-2 panasonic 20mm f/1.7

I shot this the other day while walking thru the new wing at the Nelson-Atkins Museum. I was there with a friend to see the Ray Metzker photo exhibition, which I highly recommend. As we were leaving I took a couple of shots of light patterns on the wall and decided to make them very abstract.

Mike
I love this one, Mike - did you create the texture specifically for it?

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Michael and Keith.
As for the texture, I made that out of two textures that I had a couple of years ago. I don't use that one very often. I think it works well with Abstracts.

Mike

Michiel Schierbeek

Forgot to look in this thread for a while.
Lots of beautiful stuf and I really like the rain picture from the car in Praque Mike. Very special. :thumbs:

Michiel

JBurnett

I have been bad about my daily posts for the last few months. Sorry! I think the drugs I’m taking after my knee surgery have put a damper on my creativity. I’m winding down now, so hopefully I can get back on track.
I hope your recovery is going well, Mike. I have been neglectful of this forum (and this thread) for far too long. Too many things going on, and then I, too, have been forced into recovery mode. However, the surgery sparked an idea for a subtle blend. (My family and friends think this image was a result of the post-op medication. :) )

The Surgeon's Ghastly Gift:

DHart

That's such a powerful image, John. Thankfully you are here and creating images and have a better outlook for the future. May God bless you. (It seems he has already!)