The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like the color one best. Brilliant idea and execution. Reminds me of one of the Mondrian trees (black and white one) - Michiel is an expert on those :)

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
Got me experimenting. I want to find a way to create such images from a single shot to save some film :).

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I tried a couple like that, but for me there wasn't the abstractness that I am looking for. Maybe they should be way out of register?

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice Uwe. I really like the first one and the last one. The patterns on those two are beautiful.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I love number two - I would like to see it six feet square, with one of those textures toned down a bit. Should be worth $3M :rolleyes:

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Midnight in the Forest
This is a blend of 4 different tree shots. Trying to expand on my previous post, but it gives a quite different effect.

Mike

J

JohnW

Uwe, i really like the second one. The others are over-cooked for my taste.

This has been an educational thread. Following it along has made me realize that my preference is for images where the blend effect is not the story, but the effect enhances the photo.

In an earlier post someone mentioned Mark Tucker. The blend gold standard, in my view.

John

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Accordion Man playing in the subway.

Here is an old image revisited using the App Snapseed. This guy was playing the accordion in the Paris subway. This one was originally shot with b&w film then the print was put on a copier and then a color copy transfer was made.

Mike

Last edited:

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here is the version that I did using the Snapseed app. Added some color and soft focus. I might do another version. Keep the color but lose the soft focus.
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Accordion Man (color version)

Thanks Keith, I did do this color version at the same time. The color came from painting directly on the print.

cheers
Mike

kweide

Eisblume
This is a 6 layer blend

Olympus E-P3, Summilux 25, noNR
ISO200 @ f2, 1/80 second, 25 mm focal length​

kweide

Moments
What you can you while riding the ICE

Olympus E-P3, M.Zuiko 12mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f 2.0, 1/20 second, 12 mm focal length​