The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Redwall Shadows”
Came across this image last week while out getting lunch. I only had my iPhone with me. This was a red wall of a mexican restaurant with shadows from the nearby trees. I have 3 versions to post.

Mike

kweide

They arrived
inspired by Coco, our little crested Ladydog which loves the dark forest

Olympus E-5 + E-P3, noNR
some focal lengths, different apertures and shutter speeds​

kweide

Yes, trees. I did the shooting yesterday night, while out with the dog. The bright spot was the spookey glooming moon ... And i thought... " They arrived !", while the dog was barking in the night

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Another shot while walking Max in the park. It won’t be long and these great shadows will be gone until next winter.

Mike

kweide

Cold flower
Yes, it is a bit morbid. Another one from the Series "The other side"

Olympus E-P3, Zuiko 45mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.8, 1/80 second, 45 mm focal length​

kweide

Destiny
4 layers this time. She asked for that look!
1 Layer is a Spotlight layer as a wide band across her green eyes

Olympus E-5, Zuiko 50mm, noNR
ISO400 @ f2, 1/50 second, 50 mm focal length​

Last edited:

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
“Grazing Buffalo, Yellowstone Park”

Here is a new commissioned piece that I am working on. I photographed the buffalo in Yellowstone Park on two different occasions. This is a blend of several images and textures. Not sure if I’m done yet, but I thought I’d put it out to see what kind of feedback I’d get.

Mike

Diane B

I, for one, like it Mike. I'm viewing it on the new Ipad and all the texturing/layering is lovely. The feelingI get is almost that it is "printed" on leather which seems appropriate for the subject.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Diane. Glad it comes across nicely on the iPad. It looks good on my monitor as well, but it is one of those images that is borderline too dark. I think it will print well though, and the wax I put on top really brings out the blacks.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like it. At first I was intrigued by the composition - subject partially in-focus bottom right. But with the other elements of the sky and the focused bottom left it comes off well. And of course, in my eyes, square is beautiful.

Are there some lensbaby images in there. How big will you print it?

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Keith. I didn't use the lens baby, but instead I used FocalPoint 2 to blur selective areas.
I will be printing it 48x48. If I keep working on the image, I'll post an updated version.

cheers
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful Keith. Did you do this from multiple camera shots or by working on one shot?
Either way, it is very nice. I'll look forward to seeing more. I really like the opacity and the variation in the squares in the upper part of the shot.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Mike,

I made it from multiple images, moving the camera to always try to keep it square to the subject. Then I layered them and adjusted the transparencies. With a subject this small you can minimize the perspective distortion issues.

Keith

Diane B

I like it very much also Keith. Its one of those images that makes the viewer go into it a bit because its not as one would expect resulting in some tension.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
16 images. More camera movement.

This goes more in the direction of "cuby" that I am trying to get to - more camera movement.

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

This is a mixed shot, the original slide was shot in 1979 in Corsica, with a Nikon FE.
I copied the slide with my OM-D, through the matte glass of the slide frame, and with a rough white paper behind it as a diffuser.

This came out :

I'll be doing more over the next few days ...

C U,
Rafael