The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with American made lenses

hakkalo

Hakkalo, I would be very interested to know/see the result of 1 Inch (25mm) lenses uncropped in 4:3 format. I am looking for one that covers the whole sensor in 4:3 and does not vignette.
Cheers
Peter
This Elgeet 1 Inch F1.9 I got has fault ,its helicoid is unturnable. I do not have other 25mm American lens to try. Sorry !

hakkalo

P

phototransformations

Do these lenses cover the m4/3 sensor? Or are they cropped as they are because they would otherwise vignette?

Thanks,
David

P

phototransformations

Thanks, I have seen that spreadsheet. I was wondering specifically about the 1", 2", and 3" lenses Hakkalo is using, which are all cropped. Hakkalo, uncropped, at 4:3, do they cover the m4/3 sensor?

hakkalo

Thanks, I have seen that spreadsheet. I was wondering specifically about the 1", 2", and 3" lenses Hakkalo is using, which are all cropped. Hakkalo, uncropped, at 4:3, do they cover the m4/3 sensor?
They were all uncropped,at 16:9. Lens with focal length above 2 Inch will cover M4/3 sensor,some 3 Inch even can cover Full Frame.:angel:

P

phototransformations

Thanks for the clarification. Some of these shots are quite lovely. I particularly like the one of the trees taken with the Elgeet 3 Inch F2.9 Cine-Tel. However, I'm wondering what advantages these lenses have over other manual focus lenses adapted, say, from Nikon or Canon. Is it primarily that they are quite small? Or is there something about the image quality itself that is appealing to you?

hakkalo

Thanks for the clarification. Some of these shots are quite lovely. I particularly like the one of the trees taken with the Elgeet 3 Inch F2.9 Cine-Tel. However, I'm wondering what advantages these lenses have over other manual focus lenses adapted, say, from Nikon or Canon. Is it primarily that they are quite small? Or is there something about the image quality itself that is appealing to you?
You've to modify to use with Nikon or Canon by meant of a helicoid in order to focus.:eek:
This Elgeet 3 Inch F2.9 has been modified to M42-mount, then use M42-M4/3 adapter---G1

P

phototransformations

What I'm wondering is not how to adapt them, but what drew you to using these lenses instead of lenses from still cameras by other manufacturers. In other words, what do you like about these lenses more than other lenses?