The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which adapter for Oly 9-18 on G1

Which to use for the Oly 9-18 on the G1?

OLYMPUS MF-2 OM TO MICRO FOUR THIRDS LENS ADAPTER

or the

PANASONIC OFFICIAL MOUNT ADAPTER DMW-MA1 For LUMIX SYSTEM CAMERA

Any experience with both of them?

Thanks
Peter

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Which to use for the Oly 9-18 on the G1?

OLYMPUS MF-2 OM TO MICRO FOUR THIRDS LENS ADAPTER

or the

PANASONIC OFFICIAL MOUNT ADAPTER DMW-MA1 For LUMIX SYSTEM CAMERA

Any experience with both of them?

Thanks
Peter
Peter

I have been using the Panasonic adapter on that lens for over six months with no problems

Keith

kweide

I am using that Pana DMW-MA1 with all my Oly Zuikos on E-P1. No probs at all. I even connect the old MF OLY lenses via OLY43 Adatper to the DMW-MA1. It works !

Audii-Dudii

You want the DMW-MA1 adapter as the Olympus MF-2 is a purely mechanical adapter (i.e., it has no electronic contacts for connecting the lens to the camera) and is for the older, manual focus Olympus lenses, not their current range of autofocus lenses.

That said, the DMW-MA1 and Olympus lenses work just fine on the G1 -- I'm presently using the 7-14mm, 14-35, and 35-100 lenses myself -- although some of them won't autofocus.

You want the DMW-MA1 adapter as the Olympus MF-2 is a purely mechanical adapter (i.e., it has no electronic contacts for connecting the lens to the camera) and is for the older, manual focus Olympus lenses, not their current range of autofocus lenses.

That said, the DMW-MA1 and Olympus lenses work just fine on the G1 -- I'm presently using the 7-14mm, 14-35, and 35-100 lenses myself -- although some of them won't autofocus.
Thank you all for your answer. It seems clear that the DMW-MA1 is the way to go.

Cheers
Peter

Diane B

I have the MA-1 for the 9-18, but Oly makes an adaptor basically identical to it for the E-P1. Others say its just a difference in color--and it does have the appropriate connections--but I don't remember the model number. I do believe I've read, though, that the Panny is less expensive

Diane

Robert Campbell

I have the MA-1 for the 9-18, but Oly makes an adaptor basically identical to it for the E-P1. Others say its just a difference in color--and it does have the appropriate connections--but I don't remember the model number. I do believe I've read, though, that the Panny is less expensive

Diane
The Oly is sliver and dearer; the Pana is black and cheaper. There don't seem to be any other differences -- they may even be identical bar the colour.