The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with Japanese made lenses

Michiel Schierbeek

Just bought those 2, like new, Soligor C/D F2 lenses for the friendly sum of € 80,--
Could not find much on the net about them besides a few pics of which some of them looked promising. Could also be because they are not so good. :rolleyes:
They feel and look very well made. Especially the 135/2 ( filter 77 mm :shocked:) is huge even compared to the Canon FD 135/2.

If anybody knows more about these lenses, I will be glad to hear.
Will post some pics later in this thread.

Michiel

Soligor C/D 28/2 and 135/2

Compared to the FD 135/2

Tullio

They are two good looking lenses to say the least and do appear to be in mint condition. I'm looking forward to seeing some images from them!

Ron Evers

"Did you use a tripod or did you hold the lens to keep the camera in one piece?"

No tripod! Tis a heavy beast, 710 gm + the weight of the adapter, so I carry the lens in my left hand so as not to over-stress the mount. It is Version 2 by Tokina, very nice condition I got on e-bay for 52US$.

hakkalo

"Did you use a tripod or did you hold the lens to keep the camera in one piece?"

No tripod! Tis a heavy beast, 710 gm + the weight of the adapter, so I carry the lens in my left hand so as not to over-stress the mount. It is Version 2 by Tokina, very nice condition I got on e-bay for 52US$.
I've one too. It is too bulky and heavy which I seldom use.:D

Ron Evers

After having our mailbox smashed up twice this last winter by the snow-plow, I rebuilt the mount to the post. Instead of rigidly fixing the mount to the post I pocketed the post in the mount so if it gets hit it will hopefully swing with the impact & not smash the mount all up as before. After pounding out the sheet metal as best I could to restore the box to shape so the door would open & close again I had to use duct tape to close the tear in the back end. I do not expect that to last though. :mad:

Minolta 55mm/f1.7 @ f5.6

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Hakkolo,
The first one is a Moorhen, I think.
The second one is " The great tit " according to my dictionary.

You made me write this :D

Michiel