The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

In your actual usage, which M 4/3 camera is best for MF?

Godfrey

I have been taking images for nearly 40 years...
I have a few years on you then. I've been fascinated with photography since I was eight, consider my freshman year of high school the start of my real "shooting" ... and that was more than forty years ago!

... a sudden chill runs down my spine ...

Damn truculent dwarves stepping on my grave again. ]'-)

Jonas

OK, Jonas, you seem considerably many years wiser than me. :)

I have hopes for Sony delivering a great mirrorless cam. Bigger the sensor, the better.
In my case age and increased wisdom is not really related. I wish it was, but...

Sony, Canon... whatever. I am all for a bigger sensor. But I need a good EVF, and I sometimes like to use the swivel LCD (then I am seen wearing both a beard and reading glasses).

I have recently finished a documentary project and so I sold my 5DMkII. I loved the DOF control and I loved the low noise and possibility to shot at faster shutter times in relative dark situations. I'll just adopt to the G1 again and see what may enter the market. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see LIVE cameras with bigger sensors, and then not only the Samsung project.

Brian Mosley

The G1 is the more precise option, but IBIS has a lot of value for legacy lens shooting and I can work with the E-P1 quite happily.

I tend to frame the shot, move the 10x MF assist zoom square to an 'anchor point' in the frame where I want critical focus, and then zoom in to focus... I don't always want to switch back to full view - so having the zoom view cancelled on half button depressed can sometimes be an irritation for me with the G1.

Cheers

Brian