The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Audii-Dudii

3 reminds me of a pic of a pic.
*DING!* It was a large photo hung inside of a display window promoting a condo complex. On the one hand, it almost seemed like cheating to photograph it, but on the other hand, by capturing the city reflected in the glass, I turned it into something new and different, which I think is perfectly acceptable. YMMV...

RonSmith

Took my son, my GF1 and my 20/1.7 to the Detroit Institute of Arts yesterday.

Then we went out to an Italian restaurant for dinner, where I took this one of the lady who makes the pasta.

Rich M

It was sunny here today....:)

I really don't think the photo world knows quite how good this lens is.

Shot at f/4.5, 1/250, ISO100 with a circular polarizer.

H

Henk S

It was sunny here today....:)

I really don't think the photo world knows quite how good this lens is.

Shot at f/4.5, 1/250, ISO100 with a circular polarizer.

You've made good use of it here.

Nice.

CVickery

I'm really enjoying this lens on my E-P1. Unlike Hawaii it wasn't sunny here today, and winter is on it's way. Here's a few shots of the remaining roses in the gardens down the street.

Processed in CaptureOne5Pro

JBurnett

I picked up the 20mm on Friday, but today was the first time I've had a chance to really use it. I'm impressed.

Rich M

I picked up the 20mm on Friday, but today was the first time I've had a chance to really use it. I'm impressed.
Very nice images John. I especially like the DOF in the black and white shot. That's not the easiest thing to achieve. In fact, I like everything about that picture.

Regards.....Richard

JBurnett

Very nice images John. I especially like the DOF in the black and white shot. That's not the easiest thing to achieve. In fact, I like everything about that picture.

Regards.....Richard
Thanks, Richard. The 20mm on m-4/3 makes shots like this much easier to pull off. Handheld, ISO 400, 1/25s, f/2.0.

Terry

John,
I'm really drawn to the dried corn/hot pepper shot. I've come back to it several times and think it would look nice printed.

apicius9

Oh boy, how can anyone not want to buy that lens after looking at all these great pictures in this thread? As much as I enjoy playing around with the c-mounts and getting back to the 'archaic' manual focusing, that one just made it to the top of my list. Just a question reg. availability and price: I will be in Taipei in a few weeks - does anybody happen to know whether it would be available and maybe even cheaper there?

Thanks,

Stefan