The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

bensonga

Just got this lens today with the GF1... So here's a test shot of some old keys.

Really nice test shot and out of focus areas. This is a terrific lens. There are just too many good lenses/options to use on the G1/GF1/GH1 cameras. Hard to decide on which to use!

Gary

iiiNelson

Thanks... I'm trying to decide if I like this one or the 45 Macro the best as I got both of them today. I guess this means I will be sticking with Micro 4/3 for a while for now.

ggibson

Graham that first shot is pretty hilarious. I wonder if he sees his reflection in lens.
Thanks! That's my right arm that he's crawling on too--I had to hold the camera upside-down with my left hand to take the picture :D Here's the shot from the canon:

T

tripper

Two shots of my Cocker spaniel (Jess) with the 20mm 'pancake' on the G1.

20mm @ f4.5

20mm @ f2.2

tripper

Novaron

Well after reading these forums for several months I have finally joined. My first picture is of a Christmas window in some French Quarter business in New Orleans reflecting the mania for the New Orleans Saints, an American football team.

The Second picture is an interior shot of the historic St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square. I really like the 20/1.7 and used it an a Contax 50/1.4 Planar much of the time when in New Orleans when on vacation.

Last edited:

Novaron

Another one from my vacation in New Orleans from an exhibit the Ponderosa Stomp has at the Cabildo of the Lost heroes of Louisiana Rock and Roll, here is Fats Domino's piano with the background on the New Orleans piano tradition.

Godfrey

Innocent And Curious

Panasonic G1 + 20mm f/1.7
ISO 100 @ f/2.2 @ 1/160 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!

T

tripper

Amin " The second is a wonderful portrait of Jess! "

LisaR " this shot is stunning! "

Big thanks from me for those kind comments :salute:

I tried again with a different crop, can I ask if you think this one is better ?

tripper

Last edited:

Novaron

A couple months ago, right after getting my 20/ 1.7 Lumix lens I went to Washington DC's Eastern Market to see Donna Fletcher and Friends play some blues, country, folk and ragtime music. The Hound Dog was really shy.

Terry

Tripper,
I like the second crop better but both ways are great. The other shot is also terrific.

Amin

Big thanks from me for those kind comments :salute:

I tried again with a different crop, can I ask if you think this one is better ?
Tripper, both are great, and the second follows the "rules" better, but I greatly prefer the original. I like to see the great space around Jess. It helps me appreciate why she looks so content and provides such a nice context. The fallen treet trunk in the foreground also provides great framing along the long edge and a nice sense of depth.

LisaR

Tripper, both are great, and the second follows the "rules" better, but I greatly prefer the original. I like to see the great space around Jess. It helps me appreciate why she looks so content and provides such a nice context. The fallen treet trunk in the foreground also provides great framing along the long edge and a nice sense of depth.

I agree I love the original because of the background and the mood it lends to the shot

T

tripper

My further thanks to LisaR, Amin and TEBnewyork for your feedback. I was a little concerned about the composition of the original, it helps to remind oneself that 'the rule of thirds' etc are only guidelines. :)

Regards

tripper

P.S Godfrey, the lamb is a super picture.