The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

monza

Nice, rivercrew. Reminds me of something I took a few days ago.

f/1.7, 1/320s, ISO 100

Not sure what the red is at the top...flare?

Leica 77

The amazing thing about some of the shots in this thread is that many are very mundane but turn out interesting. I don't know how many times I have thought about shooting a picture of animals but tried to avoid the fence. As it turns out,the fence makes the shot.
Other pictures are also here that I would have deemed too ordinary to bother with but
the right angle etc. makes them winners.
Kudos to all.
Hi grappa,

Your observations are keen and insightful. Best wishes for the New Year! Leica 77.

Godfrey

A delightful thread full of photos. Let's do it some more next year!

;-)

Happy New Year, y'all.

I

Infrared-IR

G1 w/20mm 1.7

Denver Train Station:

Only one passenger awaited a train inside:

LisaR

nice shots!! I like the way the seats at the train station have the lights on them and the lone person really conveys the emptiness

LisaR

One from a walk today at the beach (and I did not increase the saturation on the ice plants, it was that vivid in person)

@ 1.7

Last edited:
T

tripper

We only have two pubs in our village and the pilot of this light aircraft dropped in on one unannounced :wtf:

Apparently he climbed out unhurt and as the pub was open at the time went directly to the bar and ordered a 'Down Low' cocktail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_Low_Cocktail

GF1 20mm 'pancake' @ f/4.5 1/500s

tripper

CPWarner

One from my GF1 with 20mm f/1.7. Talk about the "Lazy days of January". Our greyhound is not too fond of the cold weather and tries to sleep off winter...

Cliff