The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

DHart

This thread is so cool! I am loving seeing what everyone is doing with their twennies! ;)

On this late, rainy night I had a late-night itch to photograph something with my twenny... so I decided to demonstrate the shallow depth of focus possible... comparing max aperture (f/1.7) to min aperture (f/16). This lens can create some really nice focus isolation! Can't wait to get out and about with it.

This one really shows the shallow depth of focus well...

Last edited:

DHart

Had some great fun with the GF-1 today... just a few images with the 20mm f/1.7. (Most of what I did today was with the 14-45mm). Here are a couple of highlights with the 20. I often stop at cemeteries and mausoleums while exploring... something about them really intrigues me.

Moss thrives in the Pacific Northwest... and often in very interesting ways...

I've got a lot of images with the 14-45mm lens (which never seems to hear any praises), so I think I will start a "Fun with the 14-45mm lens" thread.

J

jerryk

Hi,

Here's a few images from a recent trip to Boston. It snowed and this guy from California had to run out of the hotel and get a few quick shots. The locals in Cambridge probably thought I was nuts.

Jerry

Diane B

Hi,

Here's a few images from a recent trip to Boston. It snowed and this guy from California had to run out of the hotel and get a few quick shots. The locals in Cambridge probably thought I was nuts.

Jerry
Yep LOL. I can only imagine how further north they feel about the snow. This has been the most snow/coldest for us here for a long long long time. We still have snowpiles in parking lots (and even around our house)--and a few over my head--while temps are headed for mid 50's and up today and yesterday. But--in our mts. only 45 min away they have over 72 inches at lower altitude--and 100 inches at higher. I usually head up there in the winter to shoot--one of my favorite times--but not this year with roads closed, schools closed or on 2-3 hour delay. Strange weather LOL.

And----its still snowing G1 20 f/1.7 f/1.7 1/13s ISO800 (I didn't do NR except for default in LR--I could have applied NR in PS with masking to leave detail in snow--but didn't).

But--for some its a delight with the snow where they don't usually get any--or for those, like you, enjoying it for a brief time. Photographers are a bit crazy though, no?!? LOL.

Diane

Last edited:

scho

Yep LOL. I can only imagine how further north they feel about the snow. This has been the most snow/coldest for us here for a long long long time. We still have snowpiles in parking lots (and even around our house)--and a few over my head--while temps are headed for mid 50's and up today and yesterday. But--in our mts. only 45 min away they have over 72 inches at lower altitude--and 100 inches at higher. I usually head up there in the winter to shoot--one of my favorite times--but not this year with roads closed, schools closed or on 2-3 hour delay. Strange weather LOL.

And----its still snowing G1 20 f/1.7 f/1.7 1/13s ISO800 (I didn't do NR except for default in LR--I could have applied NR in PS with masking to leave detail in snow--but didn't).

But--for some its a delight with the snow where they don't usually get any--or for those, like you, enjoying it for a brief time. Photographers are a bit crazy though, no?!? LOL.

Diane
Nice shot Diane, looks like a big, fluffy coconut cake. This is the time of year when I get sick of looking at snow and I'm ready for a long vacation in warmer climes.

R. Bowman

G1, Lumix 20mm f/1.7, Swarovski ST80 HD spotting scope with 30xW eyepiece and digital camera adapter. American Goldfinch shot wide open at 1/640 sec., ISO 400, 35mm effective focal length 1300mm.

Last edited:
J

jerryk

Diane,

That's a lot of snow. I sure hope they have some snowplows to clear the roads!

When we lived in Williamsburg, VA I remember that 3 inches of snow would shut the place down for days.

Jerry

kdphotography

Don Libby and I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium following our long weekend with Capture Integration in Carmel / Pigs in a Blanket. Don took his newly acquired M9, I used my new Panasonic GF1 with 20mm f/1.7. What a fun camera!

Last edited: