The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Godfrey

Panasonic G1 + Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
ISO 100 @ f/2.2 @ 1/60 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

ggibson

I took 500+ photos in my recent trip to the Grand Canyon, and I think most of my best shots were taken with this lens. I had a polarizing filter on the front most of the time (for both protection and to reduce glare). Here's one of my favorites:

Leica 77

I took 500+ photos in my recent trip to the Grand Canyon, and I think most of my best shots were taken with this lens. I had a polarizing filter on the front most of the time (for both protection and to reduce glare). Here's one of my favorites:

Hi ggibson,
Excellent Nature Photography (Digital Imaging)! Great Composition! :)

slau

GH1+20f1.7, shooting side-by-side with my other camera system inside the Lower Antelope Canyon outside of Page, Arizona. All shots were handheld as I could carry only one tripod and my other camera was on the tripod.

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Panasonic Lumix G 20f1.7
1/100s f/4.0 at 20.0mm iso400

1/50s f/3.2 at 20.0mm iso200

1/30s f/4.0 at 20.0mm iso400

Last edited:

seakayaker

Night Walk --- Pike Street Market - Seattle, WA

DMC-GF1 - LUMIX G 20/F1.7 - ISO 800 - f/1.7 - 20mm - 1/30 - No Flash

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Hanjin Outbound -- Seattle

GF1 with Lumix G Aspherical 20mm f/1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f/1.8 -- 1/1000 -- 20mm

. . . . . finally a day that did not start with rain :D:D:D . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Lovely portrait(s) Leica - color and composition are wonderful
Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your kind comments. I enjoy recording images with the compact 20mm lens. It is quite versatile for capturing such images as portraits, landscapes, and monumental architecture. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

Leica, the photo "A Bride in Kimono" is such a beautiful shot, the special moment for another captured, the colors are wonderful, thanks for sharing! Outstanding!

Humarock Beach

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f6.3 -- 1/1300

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Leica, the photo "A Bride in Kimono" is such a beautiful shot, the special moment for another captured, the colors are wonderful, thanks for sharing! Outstanding!
Humarock Beach

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f6.3 -- 1/1300
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for your kind comments. The beach-front houses at Humarock look great taken with your Lumix G 20mm lens. We seem to get excellent results when the ISO is set at 100 as you do with the GF1. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)