The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Leica 77

With my current medical situation the E-PL1 is a great weight and size to use. I started doing self-portraits yesterday with it and the 20mm. Love this lens. The idea is to reflect my current mood in my Facebook pictures.

Hi Jeremy,
This is a fine bokeh portrait. :)

biglouis

Michael - made me 'laugh out loud'. BTW, I've been amazed how well the GF-1 has stood up to raging snow storms this week. I don't let it get ridiculously wet and hide it under my coat but it hasn't given up on me yet.

LouisB

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
The G1 and 20/1/7 is an absolutely marvellous combination, and the files are lovely. Here's a snapshot taken this morning, in my lady's boudoir.

ƒ2 seems like a lovely spot for this lens, too. Reminds me of yesteryear...

Original (but resized for here) and actual pixels:

(testing the 'upload via URL option)

Last edited:
J

jlever

Just received the 20/1.7 this weekend!

Shot at 1.7, very sharp, I think.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
A quick question to the web gurus here: how do I post images so they appear at the posted size (like jlever's one above) rather than the reduced size of mine (uploaded via the Attachment function here)?

TIA, kl

J

jlever

I just went to the resident page of the photo, in flickr, and copied the photo's address. Then I pasted that in the <insert image> knob on the reply field. So it uses the photo from its original source, unchanged. Didn't use the GetDPI upload function at all.