The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

C

CJS

Wow!!! . . . I have spent an enthralling hour looking through your Pani-20mm shots. We to love this lens in England, but I have to say you do make a superb job of taking pictures with the 20mm lens. Many so simple, almost an air of 'snapshot' . . . but they draw the viewer in to look deeper, bringing a smile to the face:thumbup: The essence to me; "I have that picture in my back yard, I can do that" . . .

I have a G1/14-45mm . . . love it to bits, but there is obviously more, on the hunt for a 20mm, thank you for the inspiration.

CJS . . . UK :salute:

C

CJS

Here is a couple of pics I grabbed whilst on a shopping trip last Holiday Monday (we get an extra days national holiday for New Years day is it falls on a weekend). A grey, cloudy day turned into a super late afternoon as the sun went down:

This is the newest and 'tallest':LOL: building in the town of Ipswich, Suffolk, England, where I live:

CJS
G1/14-45mm

DHart

Re: Wardrobe Terrace, EC4

This lens continues to astound me when used at its widest aperture. A lovely back alley in London's Blackfriar's district, little changed since the 17th century.

20/1.7 iso800 f1.7 1/60

Wonderful image, Louis. And I agree, the 20/1.7 is an astounding lens. I consider it a must have above all others for a m4/3 system.

330toSRT8

Taken at Grand Marlin, Pensacola Beach.
F1.8, 400 ISO, 1/20 s.

Helena

Very nice and inspirational shots in this thread! I really enjoyed browsing it. Last winter I had a Panasonic G1 but never bonded with it, so I sold it after four months and thought that the µ4/3 system wasn't for me. Then some people told me that I might like Olympus better (because of the colors), so I decided to give the E-PL2 a chance, and so far I love it. :)

Here are some shots:

Helena

This thread is surprisingly quiet?

Detail of old steam locomotive, taken with E-PL2 (Pinhole art filter):