Site Sponsors
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

skywalker

Re: Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Shanghai Transvision(KIPON) realeased new final geared G lens adapter,pls see belowed link,enough space to operate the big focus ring.

http://www.dl-kipon.com/onews.asp?id=61

Information from their dealer ,the open price would be 130US$,the former geared version will low the price to 80US$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
    Shanghai Transvision(KIPON) realeased new final geared G lens adapter,pls see belowed link,enough space to operate the big focus ring.

Information from their dealer ,the open price would be 130US$,the former geared version will low the price to 80US$.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/grin.gif
    with my usual luck, I've ordered the Kipon adapter from Roxsen about three weeks ago; it is not even there, that this new one is released !!

I'm also somewhat worried that the one I ordered hasn't yet arrived. The seller said it had been shipped on the 22th of March and we are now the 10th of Aprile. I know that there were the Easter holidays inbetween, but usually both our customs and our postservices are fast. So I'm wondering whether it will come one day or not : did other already order stuff from Roxsen ? if yes, how long did it take for the shipping ? did it last more than two-three weeks ? I fear that it may have been lost ..

The one I ordered from Ebay was said to be "an updated version with a bigger gear, more convenient for focusing" and is costing 139.99 $. But I don't think that this was referring to the one with the ring just announced here.

http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    with my usual luck, I've ordered the Kipon adapter from Roxsen about three weeks ago; it is not even there, that this new one is released !!

I'm also somewhat worried that the one I ordered hasn't yet arrived. The seller said it had been shipped on the 22th of March and we are now the 10th of Aprile. I know that there were the Easter holidays inbetween, but usually both our customs and our postservices are fast. So I'm wondering whether it will come one day or not : did other already order stuff from Roxsen ? if yes, how long did it take for the shipping ? did it last more than two-three weeks ? I fear that it may have been lost ..

The one I ordered from Ebay was said to be "an updated version with a bigger gear, more convenient for focusing" and is costing 139.99 $. But I don't think that this was referring to the one with the ring just announced here.

I've bought a few items from Roxsen in the past and no problems other than the notoriously slow post from HK. I seem to recollect about a month for my items and I'm almost next door!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ReeRay View Post
    I've bought a few items from Roxsen in the past and no problems other than the notoriously slow post from HK. I seem to recollect about a month for my items and I'm almost next door!
    Thanks for the reassuring info.. I guess I only have to be patient.

dazedproductions

I am in a similar position. I contacted the seller after about 3 weeks and was told that there was some problem and it bounced back to him and he was sending it out again. I got a tracking number this time but still waiting (but only been a few working days since the re-posting so its not due yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the great information. Finally we may have a very good G adapter for a reasonable price. I have no problem using the RJ adapter and it works well but there is always room for improvement.

It is about time to see another generation of adapter !! Did I say I love competition
    Stephen Lau
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.pbase.com/stephenl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    I'll have a basic site up by the weekend.
    So, any update on the website?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Finishing it up as we speak.

skywalker

http://www.dl-kipon.com/onews.asp?id=62

silver&gold ,two colours!
    Last edited by skywalker; 12th April 2010 at 09:06. Reason: cannot display the picture

Post Thanks / Like

Skywalker, do you work for Kipon? If so, do you know the difference between this new adapter and the one from lensworkshop? Thanks.

skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by aleksanderpolo View Post
    Skywalker, do you work for Kipon? If so, do you know the difference between this new adapter and the one from lensworkshop? Thanks.
    My friend is the dealer in Shanghai who are selling KIPON.I bought lot of stuff from him.

http://www2.xitek.com/market/shopdisplay.php?shopid=95

Now in adapter market,only German NOVOFLEX and Shanghai Transvision(kipon) are the manufacture who produce adapter with standard progress,the machine,the metal finishing,processing workmanship,you can understand when you see the picture for the product.

For the difference,the realease button,the smoothness of the double gears..
    Of course,just judge from the outlooking,KIPON is different from the similiar one from lensworkshop.

FaradayCage

Skywalker, to be certain, is the adapter you linked the new model from Kipon rather than the old one?

Post Thanks / Like

My friend is the dealer in Shanghai who are selling KIPON.I bought lot of stuff from him.

http://www2.xitek.com/market/shopdisplay.php?shopid=95

Now in adapter market,only German NOVOFLEX and Shanghai Transvision(kipon) are the manufacture who produce adapter with standard progress,the machine,the metal finishing,processing workmanship,you can understand when you see the picture for the product.

For the difference,the realease button,the smoothness of the double gears..
    Of course,just judge from the outlooking,KIPON is different from the similiar one from lensworkshop.
    Well I was the guinea pig on the Lensworkshop adapter which turned out to be not built very well. I works but is rough. I am not buying another until they show the internals.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Finishing it up as we speak.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006::sleep006: :sleep006::sleep006:

Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong, Dong . . . . . .

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Subscriber Member Jonathon Delacour's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ordered!

nxlutz

HI Robert,

I got on the website and clicked the BIN button, but am now wondering how you can/plan to handle international orders? At this point I cannot specify my location and cannot calculate my shipping cost.

Thanks,
    Nick

dazedproductions

Did you decide to include a µ43 end cap as was discussed earlier in the thread?

ludovico

Just ordered, hope it will arrive soon, 45mm f2 is on the way.

roxsan

Quote Originally Posted by ludovico View Post
    Just ordered, hope it will arrive soon, 45mm f2 is on the way.
    ciao Ludovico, che corpo m4/3 usi? cosa mi consigli?

ludovico

Io ho comprato una Olympus e-p1, non sono ferratissimo ma mi intrigava la possibilità di avere lo stabilizzatore di immagine nel corpo macchina per poterlo utilizzare con ottiche legacy, es. attualmente uso il summicron 40mm della Leica CL, ed ho la possibilità di utilizzare lo stabilizzatore, l'unica controindicazione che ho trovato è l'impassibilità di utilizzare il viewfinder, che in condizioni di forte luce farebbe veramente comodo.

Probabilmente comprerei una E-P2 solo corpo, per poi prendere il 20mm 1.7 panasonic.

In questo momento però ti consigliere di aspettare, sembra che la e-p1 stia uscendo di produzione, in più dovrebbe uscire la GF2 di Panasonic, questo ti dà la possibilità sia di fare un'affare su quelle uscenti, sia di avere le ultime tecnologie sulle nuove.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in
    http://hodad66.com Sony A7r,A7II, Sony 70-300G, Rokinon 14/2.8, Leitz Wetzler 35/3.5, Leica R Summicron 50/2 & Elmarit 90mm/2.8, Contax N 24-85 & 70--200mm AND Canon FD 20/2.8, 135/2, 500mm 4.5, Minolta 35/1.8, 45mm/2, Nikon 28-50/3.5, 105/1.8, 180/2.8

roxsan

grazie Ludovico della risposta,
    in effetti io stavo vedendo la G1 (Lumix che ormai, come dici tu, è discontinued e costa relativamente poco (all'estero, non in Italia) ed ha mirino e lcd (ribaltabile) interessanti ... poco entusiasta sotto il profilo della linea anche se ha un'ottima impugnatura ed ABS piacevoli al tatto dandoti un senso di sicurezza.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

What is your return policy?

Alex

ludovico

Io sono stato catturato dalla linea della ep1, piu' che un fatto tecnico e' stata la linea a farmi decidere, unitamenteval fatto che sono riuscito a prenderla, con 14-42 ed il flash omaggio a 500 euro, a prezzo pieno e senza il flash avrei scelto la ep2, così come tra la g1 e la gf1, sceglierei la seconda, il fascino delle rangefinder...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am including a micro 4/3 rear lens cap.

Returns: 14 day money back less shipping cost.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am including a micro 4/3 rear lens cap.

Returns: 14 day money back less shipping cost.
    Thank you Monza, with that policy, I am in. I am sure that I will not need to use it though, as you have been clear about the care that has gone into this design.

Post Thanks / Like

Among all this good news some photos?
    Panasonic G1 and Gf1 with Contax G Sonnar 2,8/90 (Kipon adapter). I love this lens!

Thank you for looking

Karl

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Friedel View Post
    Panasonic G1 and Gf1 with Contax G Sonnar 2,8/90 (Kipon adapter). I love this lens!
    Thank you for looking

Karl
    Karl,

Very nice images with the Sonnar. Crisp, clear, and beautiful color.

PS - There is an EX+ condition 2.8 90mm Contax G Sonnar for sale right now at KEH for only $99.
    Last edited by scho; 13th April 2010 at 16:57. Reason: Add link
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Karl,
    Very nice images with the Sonnar. Crisp, clear, and beautiful color.

Thank you for looking
    Karl
    +1. I agree with Carl (scho). My favorite image is the first one taken in Berlin!

skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by FaradayCage View Post
    Skywalker, to be certain, is the adapter you linked the new model from Kipon rather than the old one?
    yes,KIPON have two version,both geared,you can see the picture in their website.

The new one is the geared one with outside big focus ring,for focus ring,they also have two colour,silver&gold.

Post Thanks / Like

yes,KIPON have two version,both geared,you can see the picture in their website.

The new one is the geared one with outside big focus ring,for focus ring,they also have two colour,silver&gold.
    I wonder if the gearing is any better than what I already have?
    http://hodad66.com Sony A7r,A7II, Sony 70-300G, Rokinon 14/2.8, Leitz Wetzler 35/3.5, Leica R Summicron 50/2 & Elmarit 90mm/2.8, Contax N 24-85 & 70--200mm AND Canon FD 20/2.8, 135/2, 500mm 4.5, Minolta 35/1.8, 45mm/2, Nikon 28-50/3.5, 105/1.8, 180/2.8

skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by hodad66 View Post
    I wonder if the gearing is any better than what I already have?
    If you used KIPON' first geared version,you won't have any doubt about their new version.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

. . . . . order has been placed.

Looking forward to having it on my GF1!

Life is Grand!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

The first shipment is nearly sold out. Thanks everyone for the orders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Monza,

I am looking forward to receiving the adapter and using my Contax G lenses. I sure hope that it works much better than the other adapters that have been discussed on this thread.

Howard

FaradayCage

Monza, I don't even have a m4/3 body yet... and I just ordered your adapter, April 15. Can't decide between GF1 and EPL1. But I'm much more comfortable ordering from you than hoping and praying on an overseas delivery. The big farking thumbwheel looks lovely. When I get it I can post a picture of it on my Planar and Sonnar!

Post Thanks / Like

Placed my order.

Can't wait.

Hope it ships soon!!!

Martin

FaradayCage

Quote Originally Posted by Leica 77 View Post
    +1. I agree with Carl (scho). My favorite image is the first one taken in Berlin!
    How did you shoot the equestrian statue... wide open? Was that handheld?

Very impressive.

dazedproductions

The first shipment is nearly sold out. Thanks everyone for the orders.
    Glad I got my order in then! I am still waiting on a Kipon one as well but its been so long that I am half expecting its not going to show. If it ever shows its going back on the bay!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaradayCage View Post
    How did you shoot the equestrian statue... wide open? Was that handheld?

Very impressive.
    Thank you, Carl, Leica77 and FaradayCage.

It was very good light, so the shot was f/8 handheld.

Karl

Post Thanks / Like

(...) Carl, Leica77 and FaradayCage.
    Add me to the list, I like that image as well.

regards,

/Jonas

FaradayCage

Thank you, Carl, Leica77 and FaradayCage.

It was very good light, so the shot was f/8 handheld.

Karl
    Fantastic. Reminds me of why I loved that Sonnar 90mm. It's scary sharp.

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. I give up, resistance is futile. I also ordered one, hope I won't have to wait for the next shipment... I'm still not 100% sure I will be happy with the small wheel solution but there is only one way to find out, and of all the small wheel designs this is clearly the most promising one.

Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, resistance is futile. Very exciting!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that isn't mentioned much (maybe it's not even that well known) is that the Contax G lenses (except for the 90mm) will focus closer than other rangefinder lenses, such as Leica lenses.

The 35/2 Planar on the Contax bodies will focus to 0.5m. In addition the autofocus mechanism of the G lenses allow the lens to physically move beyond infinity, and also closer than close focus. I.e., the physical stop on the near side is within the close focus limit and the physical stop on the far side is beyond infinity.

What this means is that when it is adapted to micro 4/3, the 35/2 can actually focus closer than 0.5m. I don't have my camera here at the moment to do an exact measurement, but I'm estimating it will focus to about .4m, maybe a bit less.

This is significantly closer than Leica lenses, which are typically .7m to 1m. The 40/2 Summicron C is .8m. The Leica lenses have physical stops at the close focus limit so there is no cheating possible. Also since most micro 4/3 lens adapters allow focus beyond infinity, this has the offsetting result of slightly increasing the close focus distance.

This set of facts makes a huge difference, at least to me.

IMHO the 35/2 and 45/2 are the perfect adapted lenses. Excellent corner to corner performance, close focus ability, reasonable price, fantastic Zeiss color and sharpness. And the 90 Sonnar is a steal for a fast tele, easily as good or better than any 90 Elmarit, lighter and much cheaper.

bighead1707

Would like to know the price quoted in the web including shipping cost?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

bighead1707

Thanks. Just place my order!!