The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

davemillier

Re: Kipon adapter with focusing ring available on ebay

I've just seen that the newest version of the Kipon adapter with the gold coloured focusing ring is available on ebay.

This means that there are now several basic versions with a small focusing wheel, one or two with geared wheels and 3 more expensive designs, 2 with focusing rings and the monza luxury big wheel design.

Quite a choice now at different prices...

I

idl

Bought a Lumix G1 14 days ago, kit lens is good. Contax 90mm/2,8 makes 180mm - 2,8 and is although manual due to adapter just marvelous. Can't wait to make use of my Contax 45/2 on my little Geenie so hurry up the shipment Robert. The feeling of manual focusing with a Contax lens on " my Geenie " exceeds the fine feeling of using my D700, which only has a 17 - 35mm on now. Anything else will be used by means of my little Geenie.

P

Punchman

I would love to read opinions, reviews, comparisons by different owners on how the different Contax G adapters handle - and see examples - in moderate action situations - not just still life shots.

seakayaker

I would love to read opinions, reviews, comparisons by different owners on how the different Contax G adapters handle - and see examples - in moderate action situations - not just still life shots.
. . . . . you asked for it you got it . . . . .

A moderate action situation . . . . .

Playground Hoops

GF1 with Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm F/2 -- ISO400 -- f/2 -- 1/2500 -- 45mm -- using the adaptor sold by Monza

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

P

Punchman

Thanks Dan! How easy/difficult/smooth do you find the focusing in this situation using Monza's adapter?

seakayaker

Thanks Dan! How easy/difficult/smooth do you find the focusing in this situation using Monza's adapter?
For this situation I pre-focused the shot I was going to take. I believe the focus point was the basket itself. Using the wheel while attempting to focus on the rear LCD with the GF1 is a challenge with my eyesight. Traditional Focus lens would suit taking shots of sporting events would be my preference.

The adaptor allows the use of the Contax G lenes in many situations that made the adaptor a good purchase for me. I wish the adaptor was easier and smoother to use but then again the lens was made to be driven by a camera motor in a auto focus mode.

I have gotten some excellent shots from the 45 and the 90 mm lens with the adaptor.

You can find them at http://http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4640073085_e7af420494_o.jpg

There are a few pictures in the Zeiss 45 & 90 sets in flickr.

Hope that helps.

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

P

Punchman

Thanks Seakayaker for responding and for your examples. The Contax G was my favorite 35mm system in the last of my film days. I still have the camera and the lenses and keep pondering using them on my Lumix G1. Alas, I can not yet rationalize the expense of the adapter considering the focusing limitations. Perhaps down the road the adapter prices will go down.

seakayaker

Thanks Seakayaker for responding and for your examples. The Contax G was my favorite 35mm system in the last of my film days. I still have the camera and the lenses and keep pondering using them on my Lumix G1. Alas, I can not yet rationalize the expense of the adapter considering the focusing limitations. Perhaps down the road the adapter prices will go down.
. . . . . if you are not using them you may consider selling the lenses. I have seen the Contax G lenses priced between $ 179.00 to $ 339.00 on KEH and Adorama. On ebay they usually sell in the same price range on those that bid depending on condition and if the caps and hood are included. Sell a couple and you would be able to pick up the lens that would suit your needs with or without and adaptor.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

S

schakal.

Cool :) Hope i will get an Email Information soon :)

Greetz from Austria

Friedel

This lens is from now on always in my bag! Some pics of Prague, made with Contax Sonnar 2,8/90 and G1 and GF1

Thanks for looking

Karl