The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

R

richie15

If anyone is looking for a Contax Zeiss 45mm Planar in the UK, please send me a pm.

CVickery

Re: Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon

Taken with the G1-IR and 28mm f/2.8 Biogon G.

Very nice Carl. I had understood that the 28/2.8 Biogon G has issues on mFT, but I can't see anything in that shot. Have you found an issue with edge smearing in either visible or IR?

Jonas

Re: Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon

Taken with the G1-IR and 28mm f/2.8 Biogon G.
That's a great image Carl. I like the lines (trees, water, people) which take us from the background and to the foreground. Interesting, just as the IR is.

Jonas

scho

Very nice Carl. I had understood that the 28/2.8 Biogon G has issues on mFT, but I can't see anything in that shot. Have you found an issue with edge smearing in either visible or IR?
Thank you CVickery. My copy of the 28 biogon is a bit soft in the corners at wide apertures, but down at f/8 where this shot was taken nothing serious. No edge smearing.

That's a great image Carl. I like the lines (trees, water, people) which take us from the background and to the foreground. Interesting, just as the IR is.
Jonas
Thank you Jonas.

F

FaradayCage

Monza's adapter was excellent in Paris... E-PL1 with the Contax 45mm Planar, all out of camera without adjustment, just resizing. You can click on images to reach another page, and then click on that image to get a larger version. The art filters were more useful than I expected on the Olympus.

T

tobler

Hello everyone,

I just received my adapter(focusing ring version http://bdyoutube.com/profile/riaphoto/videos/) and 45mm lens.

My questions are
1)I never get aperture ring aligns perfectly on the lens. I can only turn it to f4 at max, is my lens defective? When I look into my lens at f4, the aperture is at widest position though

2)About the adapter, it never hold my lens security. It is kinda loose, it will sometime come off the adapter when I adjust aperture ring. Is this normal? Anyone has this experience?

Thanks in advance.

snowy

Hello everyone,

I just received my adapter(focusing ring version http://bdyoutube.com/profile/riaphoto/videos/) and 45mm lens.

My questions are
1)I never get aperture ring aligns perfectly on the lens. I can only turn it to f4 at max, is my lens defective? When I look into my lens at f4, the aperture is at widest position though

2)About the adapter, it never hold my lens security. It is kinda loose, it will sometime come off the adapter when I adjust aperture ring. Is this normal? Anyone has this experience?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Tobler,
It sounds like your lens is not properly mounted on the adapter. I'm not familiar with that particular one, but the bayonet mount of the Contax G lenses does exactly what you describe when not fully rotated and latched. Maybe the adapter is faulty or sticking?

Simon.

T

tobler

I turned bayonet mount clockwise until i can't turn anymore so I am not sure what happened. What about alignment of aperture mark, is it the result of not mounting properly?

scho

I turned bayonet mount clockwise until i can't turn anymore so I am not sure what happened. What about alignment of aperture mark, is it the result of not mounting properly?
Make sure you are holding the lens by the middle knurled ring and not the ring with the black plastic piece closest to the lens mount. Align the lens and adapter mounting dots, push in slightly, and turn the middle locking ring on the lens clockwise until it latches. I'm not familiar with your particular adapter, but you may have to jiggle the lens a bit in the adapter before pushing inward to mount and latch the lens.

T

tobler

Thanks snowy and scho. It is fixed now. I just need to turn it clockwise very hard until i heard a "click" or aperture mark is at F2, if i am not there, keep turning harder. Thanks for the help guys!

seakayaker

Thanks snowy and scho. It is fixed now. I just need to turn it clockwise very hard until i heard a "click" or aperture mark is at F2, if i am not there, keep turning harder. Thanks for the help guys!
Congratulations!

Post some pictures when you have a chance . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

N

next61

I don't know guys but I'm still waiting for this adaptor and it's been paid for since April 24th 2010. I hate beating up a dead horse but how long I have to wait? Any advice?

monza

I sent an email update to everyone who ordered, a couple of days ago...more adapters are being assembled and shipped as I type this...if you didn't get the email, send me a PM. :)

Annna T

Re: Contax G to MFT - did anyone try a Contax flash ?

Speaking of Contax G gear, did anyone dare to put one of the Contax flashs on his MFT body ?

I do still have the small TLA200 and also the big one (TLA280?), which I liked because of its secondary smaller flash lamp (a nice feature to add the catch light in the eyes when you bounce the main flash from the ceiling).

I've read on this thread (http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html) that their triggering voltage is low enough (4.1Volt) to be supported by an EOS digital camera, or even a Powershot. Would it be true for the Olympus Pen ? or for another MFT camera ? Did anyone already try it ?

TIA for your answer.

N

next61

I sent an email update to everyone who ordered, a couple of days ago...more adapters are being assembled and shipped as I type this...if you didn't get the email, send me a PM. :)
I sent you a PM, thanx!

T

tyildiz

Hello.
I'm interested in purchasing your G-m43 adapter. I will be traveling on june 18th.
I was curious about the possibility of the adapter being delivered to nyc by then. please let me know. sent you a pm but apparently a quota was exceeded. popularity i guess :)