The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro FT - Which short tele are you using? (Image thread)

Amin

There's no fast, short tele option in the MFT lineup. Closest thing available is the Leica 45, and that's only available to Jono :D.

So what are the rest using? Is is working for you? Lets see some of those adapted OM, Pen, Konica, Canon FD, C-mount, Voigtlander, Leica M, Zeiss ZM, and Nikon F lens photos and learn about the options!

If you happen to have the Leica 45 macro :envy:, post some images here as well :).

pellicle

Amin

I'm using / evaluating a variety 50mm tele's FD and OM. I like the OM 1.8 better than the FD 1.8 but like the extra shallow field of the FD 1.4 more than the OM. Edges of the FD 1.4 are softer than the OM 1.8 but when you have the FD @ f2 theyre equal (and both better than the FD 1.8

the 1.8's compared here

Sample portrait:

I kind of like a 100mm as well ... and use the OM 2.8 ... although I don't have any portraits to share with that one this is it taking a bird at about 20 meters

Jonas

Hi Amin,

Here is one oldie I have online as I just posted it at another unmentionable forum:

You may find what you look for in the thread called G1 shooting with 50mm lenses, or something like that.

EDIT: I found the 50mm thread http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6096

And pellicle: How do find the Zuiko OM100/2.8 at f/2.8 in general?

regards, /Jonas

V

Vivek

There's no fast, short tele option in the MFT lineup.
I don't know where you have been but one of the very first images from the G1 I posted here were from a Canon 50/0.95.

If you happen to have the Leica 45 macro :envy:, post some images here as well :).

No such problems at all. :)

PeterB666

I am using an Olympus OM 50mm f/1.4 and Schneider 40mm f/1.9. I also have an Olympus 50mm f/3.5 macro but don't use it much.

JBurnett

Not the most exciting images (below), but samples nonetheless; all shots taken 1-stop down from wide open

Canon FD 50mm f/1.4

Minolta M-Rokkor f/2

Canon FD 85mm f/1.8 (Not really a "short" tele, but I guess that depends on one's perspective)

Last edited:

Terry

Can't get to examples right now but using my Leica 50mm pre-asph Summilux (f1.4). However, I want the 45 macro because I don't like the .7 meters close focus distance of the Leica lens.

apicius9

Most of the time I use my Summicron R 50/2, and I just started playing with the Kern Switar 50/1.4 a little bit. I also want to see what the Kodak Cine 63/2 can do but that one needs a good cleaning and lubing first.

Stefan

M

Mingjai

I use Canon FD(n) 50mm f/1.4 and the Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8, both of which I thoroughly enjoy.

FD 50mm f/1.4

Hexanon 40mm f/1.8

wjlapier

I don't know where you have been but one of the very first images from the G1 I posted here were from a Canon 50/0.95.

No such problems at all. :)
From my Canon 50/.95 wide open using C-mount adapters ( one on the lens and one on the camera. No infinity focus, and furthest out about five feet. Lens is currently at DAG for m-mount conversion.

Michiel Schierbeek

My fastests lens and the one I use most lately is the Revuenon 55/1.2
Very nice lens and great for bokehgraphy. You can find a lot of photos token with this lens in the Bokehthread.

Michiel

- Goofy -

Godfrey

There's no fast, short tele option in the MFT lineup. Closest thing available is the Leica 45, and that's only available to Jono.
My portrait to tele lenses are:

Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8
Olympus Pen G.Zuiko 40mm f/1.4
Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4
Olympus Pen G.Zuiko 70mm f/2
Pentax SMC Takumar 135mm f/3.5

They all do a great job, and each has its own imaging character.

I plan to buy the Macro-Elmarit 45/2.8 ASPH anyway: the 40-50mm focal length is one of my favorites on FourThirds, it's nice to have a fully functional lens even if I do use MF most of the time anyway.

Just waiting for them to be available and for the cash to materialize.