Site Sponsors

Thread: GF1 tripod plate

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GF1 tripod plate

Just found a 2nd hand tripod quick release plate to mount on my 'heavier' Gorillapod. I got the SLR Zoom Gorillapod, not the one that comes with a quickrelease.
    This adapterhttp://www.adorama.com/TPQSS.html fits perfectly! If mounted just a little rotated, the battery latch can be opened fully. And the camera can stand straight with the heavy Canon 50/1,2 or the small zoom. The camera plate ony just clears the 20mm lens tube, but only just is just enough.
    I have to fiddle a bit to make the connection a bit firmer, but for now I am happy!
    "You live and learn; at any rate you live" (Douglas Adams)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GF1 tripod plate

I have the same Gorillapod but with the Joby ballhead. It has a QR mechanism and the plates have a built-in level. Works very well, nice and small and no issues with covering the battery door.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GF1 tripod plate

Quote Originally Posted by simonclivehughes View Post
    I have the same Gorillapod but with the Joby ballhead. It has a QR mechanism and the plates have a built-in level. Works very well, nice and small and no issues with covering the battery door.

Cheers,
    Yes, that's what I bought. Plenty sturdy enough to deal with G1 and any of my lenses and it is small and no issues.