The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 raw converters

Leo R

Hi all I am a new member with probably an old question.

I tried out a GF1 with the 20mm 1.7 lense and am sad to learn that my recently purchased Silkypix Studio Pro and C1 V4 do not recognize the RW2 files that I shot today at the camera store.
ACR does convert them but would like an alternative converter for Pany raw files.

Is there anything else ?

pellicule

Hi,

You didn't mention your computer OS.

I'm using Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0 SE for the Mac.
Not only does it run with 10.6 the latest OS (64 bit if you are not Mac) but it has no problems reading the GF1 with 20mm lens.

I also use GIMP with the UFRaw plug-in to open the RAW files - also no problem works a treat.

I also looked at Raw Photo Processor - but didn't get round to using it ...

Phil.

s.agar

Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0 SE for the PC works as well. The GF1 package contains the software. It should work with no problems.

Leo R

Hi,

You didn't mention your computer OS.

I'm using Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0 SE for the Mac.
Not only does it run with 10.6 the latest OS (64 bit if you are not Mac) but it has no problems reading the GF1 with 20mm lens.

I also use GIMP with the UFRaw plug-in to open the RAW files - also no problem works a treat.

I also looked at Raw Photo Processor - but didn't get round to using it ...

Phil.
My computer OS is XP Pro
Thanks for the reply

pellicle

I use also dcraw these days ... I seem to prefer it

either that or photomatix to then apply a little tonemapping

try searching here on photomatix tonemapping and my name :)