The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My 4/3rds system lost its portability?

T

tmrgrs

Yes but 45-200mm and flash and then forget it..
I'm planning to keep using my Domke F-3X for my mFT equipment. It doesn't have any padding except for the bottom of the main compartment but has lots of smaller compartments for lenses, flash, etc. and is made from rugged inconspicuous canvas.

I've been using it for about three years and I may never buy another shoulder bag for camera and other gear again unless this one gets damaged or someone steals it.

Here's the B&H description:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...00_30D_F_3X_Shoulder_Bag_Olive_.html#features

wjlapier

Since everyones discussing bags I thought I would throw my 2 cents in....:D

When my birthday rolled around this year I recieved a $30 gift credit from Olympus at their On-line store. I opted for their E-System Travel Bag - Approx 12"L x 6 1/2"W x 7"H and soft. It handles the G1 and or GF1 with lenses rather nicely... Here's a few pictures.

The bag has 2 side pockets, 2 front pockets and a large water protected inside flap pocket and a zippered pocket on outside front. The whole insides can be removed and the serpentine separator between lens and cameras can be removed or moved around as needed.

This picture (from left to right) shows the Panny 45-200mm, G1/14-45mm and the GF1/20mm... Nice fit....

Here we have (again left to right) 45-200mm, GF1/20mm + EVF and the 14-45mm (or 9-18mm or 7-14mm, or etc...) The FT -> MFT converter in a side pocket.

Showing the weather proof pockets on inside flap...

All closed up..... ready for business.

And here is the bag just hanging around for the next outing.

The downside is the big Oly lettering on the front.... BUT I'm confident a Vivek black marking pen would correct that problem quite nicely. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Don
This bag looks similar to the Terraclime 100 with the A&A insert ( interior is green and red however ). I messed with this bag a bit and could see the GF1 and 20/1.7 in one pocket, 45-200 in another, and the 14-45 and 7-14 on their sides in another. No room for a flash.

Terry

If you are having trouble with the number of lenses you might want to try a Leica tip that I learned on this forum. Essentially you glue two rear lens caps back to back. This way you can stack two lenses in the bag and it also makes lens changes easier.

If you plan to do this, you can buy extra rear m4/3 caps very cheaply on ebay. You need to sand down the backs and use some good contact cement. The whole process isn't too cumbersome and works well for smaller camera lens as the bags are usually built for bigger diameter taller slr lenses.

For instance the 14-45 and 7-14 can certainly be stored back to back. The 20 can go with anything.

I will look for pictures.

mark1958

The gluing is really an interesting idea. I like to keep my camera with one lens on it when i am walking around. However, when packing my bag, I do not mind making things as compact as i can. For instance, I might want to pack my charger and a few accessories that I will not need while walking through a city or site seeing during a specific time period. Ok.. it has been a killer weekend, I will post some photos tomorrow after i get my 45-200