The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony competitor to GH1 on the way?

DavidL

Found this on a rumour site, for what it's worth.

SonyAlphaRumors has got an important information from one of our most trusted sources. Sony is ready to launch a new camera on November 18! The camera will have the new (4/3 ?) exmor sensor and Full HD video recording. With the camera Sony wants to compete against the Panasonic GH1.

UPDATE: The only thing we know is that Sony will launch a direct GH1 competitor on mid November. This will be the first Sony camera with Video recording! We do not know if the camera will be the first model of a mirrorless system. We are working to get more infos!

UPDATE2: Most of the mystery is given by the “4/3″ sign. We don’t know if it means that:
1) Sony will become a strong competitor of the Panasonic GH1 camera (which has a 4/3 sensor)
2) Sony will use a 4/3 sensor but with a proprietary mount
3) Sony will join the MicroFourThirds system

Option 1 is the more realistic answer.

Keep following us in the next days.

UPDATE: We downgraded the rumor from SR5 to SR4. We heard the source again and he still confirms the rumor. Anyway we thought we should only give SR5 value when we have a real proove (image or whatever).

V

Vivek

Presumably, in about a week or so we will know more. I look forward to it.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
The more computer/electronic based cameras get, the better it will be to look
at Sony, Panny etc.
I just want a Pen with an iPod built in.

Tullio

Oh no...I was about to sell my A200 and all Sony-mount lenses I have because I now have the G1. I guess I'll wait for the official words from Sony before I do anything silly!