The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 meets the Noctilux

kevinparis

Stole the combination of the bosses safe deposit box and after some James Bond/Jason Bourne type manouvers attached the mythical Noctilux to my E-P1 and dissappeared out into the Paris gloom

... here are some of the results.. more and bigger ones on my flickr

K

kweide

Kevin

you´ve been always my very best friend....dont let that Noctilux stand between us....it will have a beautiful m43 Adapter for my E-P1:cool::cool::cool::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

kevinparis

Klaus... its not me you have to be nice to but my other half :)

Nostatic... yeah it is kind of seductive... and apparently on full frame its even more pronounced.

Good side on E-P1 - not too bad to focus
Bad side on E-P1 - Big and heavy, 100mm FOV and the inability to focus closer than 1 meter... but it does that on the leica too

K

Terry

Kevin,
If OOF area of the bike shot is a person walking I love it. I know it was your first (of many) outings with the camera/lens combo but that one would have been really cool just a little bit more stopped down as well.

kevinparis

terry... what do you mean stop down.... I was told it only worked at f1.... I was very surprised that it took pictures in color :)

K

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Kevin,
Hate to say this...but ya did better with the Cron.
Those early Cron's are held in the highest regards by many old streetshooters....
I have a few myself and would never part with any of them....
Don

kevinparis

street

different day... different vibe.... this was a DP review sample type set :)... a hour long wander trying to tame the monster

The nocti is a hulking beast on the E-P1... plus I was in constant fear that the wrist strap would fail and I would have to flee the country and undergo plastic surgery and establish an new identity :)

cheers

K

cam

Kevin,
Hate to say this...but ya did better with the Cron.
Those early Cron's are held in the highest regards by many old streetshooters....
I have a few myself and would never part with any of them....
Don
sticking my nose in here, in case there was any doubt... it is a first version, 8 element one, saved from obscurity on some collector's shelf. if this is the one you have too, kudos!

one of my biggest bugbears is all that gorgeous glass out of the hands of photographers.

-- the boss

p.s. i think Kevin did a stunning job with the Noctilux -- better than most their first time out with it. also, as an fyi, my UV/IR filters have been on all the lenses.

W

wbrandsma

When this would be an average dpreview sample gallery then people would have less to complain Kevin. You did a good job with that lens. And I really love the #2 "fietsbel" photograph!

By the way. Passed the, for you familiar, Ambt van Nijkerk today! It was too late and too dark to take a picture.

kevinparis

thanks wouter

have a happy weekend shooting... my zuiko 24/2 is currently missing in transit... hopefully will resolve tommorrow

cheers from us both

K

W

wbrandsma

"Missing in transit?" There must be something going on between the Netherlands and Paris Sounds all too familiar. Hope it will resolve quickly. It took almost a month last year with Cam's DP1.

Happy weekend to you both.

kevinparis

wouter

trust me there is something between netherlands in paris... in all my european travel by air my bags only got lost twice.... going from paris to amsterdam :)

K

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Jeez, I thought the Nocti only took pictures of shoes! And color? Wow. ;)

Very nice set and impressive combination of camera and glass.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
sticking my nose in here, in case there was any doubt... it is a first version, 8 element one, saved from obscurity on some collector's shelf. if this is the one you have too, kudos!

one of my biggest bugbears is all that gorgeous glass out of the hands of photographers.

-- the boss

p.s. i think Kevin did a stunning job with the Noctilux -- better than most their first time out with it. also, as an fyi, my UV/IR filters have been on all the lenses.
Cam,
Nice of you to let K use the lens......not the Noct...the Cron.
I have 2 35's and 3 50's 1st versions.....

My favorite is a 1st version 35mm that a shooter gave me. Without a filter,
it captures light that the eye just doesn't see.....

Most shooters miss the 1st version and the place it works best is....f11..just heavenly magic.....
it's really a collectors thing...sadly......
enjoy......