The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 + Pentax SMC-A 50mm 1.7

Tullio

First, let me say that this lens at 1.7 is not that good. I took lots of pictures this morning after receiving the adapter last night and most shots at f1.7 were unusable. The pictures were very soft and the high ISO due to low light conditions (that's what a fast lens is for, right?!?) did not help a bit. The results were to a certain degree very disappointing. However, the camera did a fine job in terms of metering and at f2.0 and above, images were quite good. Here are some examples:

Rich M

Tullio-

The bokeh looks a little funky on two of the flower pics. Is that due to web compression or do you see it 1:1?

Rich

Tullio

Hi Rich, the funky bokeh is actually some special effects I did in Photoscape. Here are the two pictures w/o the "crystalize" effect:

Tullio

I shoulda known that......:eek:
Not really, I did not know that when I first saw it being used by someone else. Photoscape is my fav. (free) editor. It offers all sorts of adjustments and special effects and it converts RAW images to JPG.