Site Sponsors

Thread: gh1 vs dmr with r glass

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

gh1 vs dmr with r glass

I am getting the gh1 to do some motion work, does anyone have some thoughts from comparing the files from dmr vs the gh1 using both the oem panny glass and r lenses via adapter??

ddk

Re: gh1 vs dmr with r glass

While I no longer have a dmr, I can tell you from experience that dmr files are many times superior to GH1's. While I'm quite satisfied with GH1's video (take for what its worth, I have very limited video experience) its the still images leave me cold, I find them closer in quality to better P&S cameras than a high-end dslr like the dmr. As far as lenses go, I'm not keen on the Panny zooms that I have, special GH1's kit lens, R glass will transform your results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

well from my first few shots with the gh1 with the kit lens I am impressed with its performance from such a puny sensor.. will try the r glass now that I have an adapter and see how I like this little camera.

ddk

Quote Originally Posted by paulmoore View Post
    well from my first few shots with the gh1 with the kit lens I am impressed with its performance from such a puny sensor.. will try the r glass now that I have an adapter and see how I like this little camera.
    If you find the kit lens satisfactory, the R lens will amaze and dazzle you!