The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

gh1 vs dmr with r glass

paulmoore

I am getting the gh1 to do some motion work, does anyone have some thoughts from comparing the files from dmr vs the gh1 using both the oem panny glass and r lenses via adapter??

D

ddk

While I no longer have a dmr, I can tell you from experience that dmr files are many times superior to GH1's. While I'm quite satisfied with GH1's video (take for what its worth, I have very limited video experience) its the still images leave me cold, I find them closer in quality to better P&S cameras than a high-end dslr like the dmr. As far as lenses go, I'm not keen on the Panny zooms that I have, special GH1's kit lens, R glass will transform your results!

paulmoore

well from my first few shots with the gh1 with the kit lens I am impressed with its performance from such a puny sensor.. will try the r glass now that I have an adapter and see how I like this little camera.

D

ddk

well from my first few shots with the gh1 with the kit lens I am impressed with its performance from such a puny sensor.. will try the r glass now that I have an adapter and see how I like this little camera.
If you find the kit lens satisfactory, the R lens will amaze and dazzle you!