The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arax Tilt adapter

Michiel Schierbeek

Hello,

There is a Arax Tilt ( www.araxphoto.com ) adapter for Pentacon Six lenses with a 4/3 mount (or many other mounts).
My question is; does anyone know if it works on M4/3, with the extra adapter?
If it does, has anyone any experience with it?
I am thinking of this cheap option to experiment a little, because I have some
Zeiss Pentacon six lenses already.

Thanks, Michiel

V

Vivek

I have and use one (on Nikon bodies).

It is a Nikon mount adapter, I have modified to take a Zeiss S-Planar 120/5.6 in a special focus mount. Works superbly even on APS-C sensors.

(Notice the OOF highlights staying near perfect circles despite 8 deg tilt)

I would not hang it on a m4/3rds body.

1. Too heavy.

2. Too long (FL)- extremely difficult to focus and use.

Michiel Schierbeek

Interesting picture!
I was thinking of using it wih the CZJ Flektogon 50/4. It probably not as big as your 120mm Planar. Could be tripod work also.
Ideal would be a FF camera with EVF (may be Sony).

thanks, Michiel

V

Vivek

Flektagon 50/4 is heavier and bulkier than my 120/5.6 S-Planar!

Michiel Schierbeek

That cannot be because the Planar weights exactly 10 grams more then the Flektogon.
The lens is a lot better, I think, but too long for my purposes.

V

Vivek

Michiel, You did not pay attention to what I said.

The S-Planar 120/5.6 (now it is f/4 after I have removed the restricting aperture disc) in question was a high resolution enlarger lens. I housed it in a Micronikkor 105/4 lens' focus mount. Though the optics are nearly the same as the Hassy/Rollei versions, the total weight of the set-up (including the Arax tilt adapter) is much less than a Flektogon which weighs a ton.

Here is that lens (in the middle) along with a D40x +Sigma 30/1.4 (left) and a PC Micronikkor 85/2.8 (right).
Shot was made with a 28mm T/S lens (hence the selective fuzz).

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, You did not pay attention to what I said.

The S-Planar 120/5.6 (now it is f/4 after I have removed the restricting aperture disc) in question was a high resolution enlarger lens. I housed it in a Micronikkor 105/4 lens' focus mount. Though the optics are nearly the same as the Hassy/Rollei versions, the total weight of the set-up (including the Arax tilt adapter) is much less than a Flektogon which weighs a ton.

Here is that lens (in the middle) along with a D40x +Sigma 30/1.4 (left) and a PC Micronikkor 85/2.8 (right).
Shot was made with a 28mm T/S lens (hence the selective fuzz).

You sound like an old schoolmaster :ROTFL: No need for.
As a regular mortal it is not strange to assume you were referring to a Hasselblad lens intead of a small enlarger lens housed in a etc etc.
Very clever but I can't do it.

I do not mind to use heavier lenses, like Leica R, on the G1 now and then. This lens weights 630 grams, so with the two adapters it should stay under a kilo. You don't recommend it but it could be done, that is what wanted to know. I don't use it as a walk around street lens.
I was more afraid the extra adapter 4/3 to M 4/3 could cause a problem.
So may be I give it a try.