Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kimberley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Hello everyone,

    I have managed in the last month or so to change from semi-pro equipment
    to a compact kit, GF-1, 14-45, 45-200, 20mm 1.7 , Leica 24D flash, all in the small Billingham bag.

    When I take just the GF-1 with the 14-45, it goes in the Optec neoprene case,
    very compact.

    My wife has taken possession of the G1 with the 14-140, smart move.

    Show me your set up , if you're so inclined.

    Best Regards

    Peter
    Last edited by Peter Leyenaar; 22nd January 2013 at 16:26.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JMaher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Peter

    I'll try to put mine on tomorrow. In the interim which Billingham are you using?

    Jim

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kimberley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Hello Jim

    I am not sure that they still make the bag I am using, it is comparable
    to the small Hadley, they are really nice bags (not inexpensive).

    I am looking forward to see your setup

    Best Regards

    Peter

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I will post mine too but i can say the Hadley is pricey. I think they are still in production

  5. #5
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    564

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    That bag looks like a Small Hadley and is identical to mine. There might be a small label under the left front pocket flap with the model information.

    I managed to fit GF-1, 7-14, 14-45, 45-200 and 20/1.7 with the charger, cleaning cloth and some SD cards in one of these. In my case I used †he two internal dividers with lenses at each end and then place the GF-1 with EVF face down with either the 20/1.7 or 14-45 on it. You can put one of the lenses in the front pocket if you don't mind the lack of padding (overrated other than on the bottom IMHO).

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kimberley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    That bag looks like a Small Hadley and is identical to mine. There might be a small label under the left front pocket flap with the model information.
    Hello Graham,

    Found the label, it is the Small Hadley, like yours, I carry the 20mm 1.7
    and the flash in the front pockets, in time I'll have to insert the second divider
    to accomodate more lenses hopefully.

    At one time I owned a slightly smaller Billingham bag that held an M6 with one lens mounted , 2 additional lenses and a bunch of Kodachrome, that was a great kit too.

    Best Regards

    Peter

  7. #7
    Senior Member JMaher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Peter,

    I have a G1 (very new to me) and a Panasonic 14-45, 20 and 45-200 as well as an Olympus Pen and the 14-42. Also a FL36 flash, a Terraclime 100 and a Billingham L2. I also have the Panasonic adapter and have tried a few 4/3 lens and a few Nikon's. The FL14 flash I have (not in picture) is about to go up on the for sale section.

    Jim


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kimberley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Jim ,

    Nice set up, that G1 is great, my wife made off with mine and the 14-140.

    I am so curious about the EP-1, I have seen so many really nice images
    from that camera, I better not go there, ski season is coming up and I need
    new skis and boots, very expensive.

    Best Regards

    Peter

  9. #9
    Senior Member JMaher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Peter,

    You mean the lure of in body stabilization and better high ISO isn't more important that ski equipment?

    I haven't had enough time with the G1 yet but they both seem to have their advantages.

    Jim

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I can't post my kit until I get my GF1 back next week. I look forward to seeing more in the meantime. My bag collection is a joke....I need a super wide angle lens to get them all in frame.

  11. #11
    Senior Member JMaher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Terry,

    I didn't know we were supposed to show all our bags - I seem to have left out about six or so if we don't count things like Zing pouches. I know I have a problem in that I keep thinking about the nice Hadley bags at the top and how one would fit right into my collection. No-no-no-no more bags I mutter to myself.

    I really look forward to a photo with all your bags in one place. I think it will make me feel better to see someone with WAY more than I have (grin).

    Jim

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I have the GF1, 7-14, 14-45, 20mm and 45-200 and a metz 36. All fit nicely in a Domke F10. I need to post a photo

  13. #13
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I'm just leaving for a trip back east (Toronto() for an 85th birthday celebration (among other things). I started packing yesterday and had everything in my ThinkTANK Airport Addicted backpack. This afternoon, I repacked first into a LowePro Slingshot 300AW, and then got creative and got it all into a Slingshot 200, which is quite a small bag. Here's a view of it (forgive the P&S picture):

    Attachment 25009

    What you see here is (Left row, back to front):

    CV 90mm f3.5 lens
    Panasonic 14-140mm HD lens
    Panasonic 45-2000mm lens

    (Middle row, back to front):

    G1 body (with UpStrap)
    GH1 body (with UpStrap)
    GF1 body with 20mm f1.7 lens and EVF (with Y-Strap)

    (Right row, front to back):
    CV 50mm f1.5 lens
    Panasonic 14-45mm lens
    Oly FL36R flash (under blue cloth)

    In the top pouch, I have the following:

    GorillaPod SLR Zoom with ballhead
    Leather beanbag
    Panasonic DMW-MS1 stereo microphone

    The pouch on the exterior of the main flap contains:

    ND Grads
    Batteries
    Remote release
    SD cards etc.

    It all fits in and is surprisingly light, especially when you consider how much capability you have. The only thing that suffered during the downsizing was the Oly 9-18mm ultra wide. One of the things that made the most difference, voloume-wise, was packing the bodies sans lenses. The bag even has a built-in rain cover.

    Cheers,
    Last edited by simonclivehughes; 12th September 2010 at 12:35.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kimberley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Simon,

    Now, that's a well stocked kit, one more lens and you'll have to get a bigger bag.

    Best Regards

    Peter

  15. #15
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Peter,

    I've got the one more lens, and the bag(s) to go with it.

    Cheers,

  16. #16
    Senior Member Amin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Here's my current MFT kit with the most commonly used bags:



    From left to right: GH1 with Lumix 20/1.7, M Zuiko 17/2.8, adapted Nokton 50/1.5, Lumix 7-14, Lumix 14-140, Lumix 45-200, G1 with Lumix 14-45.

    The bag on the left is a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home, which carries about as much as I'd ever want to carry at one time. On the right is a small Versabag (Crumpler knockoff), which is the perfect size for a MFT body with pancake and a second lens.
    Last edited by Amin; 19th November 2009 at 09:30.
    -Amin Sabet

  17. #17
    Senior Member JBurnett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Shown is the "small" kit that I'm currently adopting for urban walkabouts. G1 + 20mm + 40mm f/2.0 M-Rokkor. The bag is something I found on the Internet. Doesn't look like a camera bag, but it's padded like one inside and fits this combo with some room to spare. What a delight to carry compared to my old DSLR outfit!





    Not shown: 14-45, 45-200, Oly 35 Macro, Canon FD adapter and a few FD lenses, LowePro Terraclime 100 & Slingshot 100.
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca

  18. #18
    Member Roel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I am new here and I am enjoying all of the great info on this site. I hope to participate in more discussions as time goes on as I am now starting to build my m43 system (I have a GF1, 20mm pancake, m43 to Nikon adapter, and a few Nikon primes).

    Amin: Question for you ... I see you have both the 14-140 and 45-200. In the 45-140mm range, which lens do you think performs "better" in terms of sharpness?

    Thanks,
    Roel

    Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    Here's my current MFT kit with the most commonly used bags:



    From left to right: GH1 with Lumix 20/1.7, M Zuiko 17/2.8, adapted Nokton 50/1.5, Lumix 7-14, Lumix 14-140, Lumix 45-200, G1 with Lumix 14-45.

    The bag on the left is a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home, which carries about as much as I'd ever want to carry at one time. On the right is a small Versabag (Crumpler knockoff), which is the perfect size for a MFT body with pancake and a second lens.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Amin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by Roel View Post
    I am new here and I am enjoying all of the great info on this site. I hope to participate in more discussions as time goes on as I am now starting to build my m43 system (I have a GF1, 20mm pancake, m43 to Nikon adapter, and a few Nikon primes).

    Amin: Question for you ... I see you have both the 14-140 and 45-200. In the 45-140mm range, which lens do you think performs "better" in terms of sharpness?

    Thanks,
    Roel
    Welcome Roel! I haven't done a rigorous comparison, but my impression is that the 14-140 is better in the 45-50mm end of things and that there isn't much different between the two lenses in most of the rest of the overlapping range (70-140mm).
    -Amin Sabet

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kimberley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Hello everyone,

    This is a nice and interesting thread, please keep them coming.

    Best Regards

    Peter

  21. #21
    Member slau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AB, Canada
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by JBurnett View Post
    Shown is the "small" kit that I'm currently adopting for urban walkabouts. G1 + 20mm + 40mm f/2.0 M-Rokkor. The bag is something I found on the Internet. Doesn't look like a camera bag, but it's padded like one inside and fits this combo with some room to spare. What a delight to carry compared to my old DSLR outfit!

    Not shown: 14-45, 45-200, Oly 35 Macro, Canon FD adapter and a few FD lenses, LowePro Terraclime 100 & Slingshot 100.

    John,
    After seeing your post of the Minolta M 40f2, I tried to locate all my CLE stuffs (I think I have two sets) and found only one body, 28f2.8 & 40f2. I did not even know there is a metal hood for the 40f2 as mine is a rubber hood. Anyway, as I already have the M adapter, I did some quick shooting with the 28f2.8 & 40f2, with the 14-140 kit lens as a reference.

    My quick impression is that the 40f2 is pretty good while the 28f2.8 is so so. Is that your experience with the Minolta lenses too? May be I should spend sometime to play with the M lenses instead of just focus on the Zeiss stuffs. Thanks.
    Stephen Lau
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.pbase.com/stephenl

  22. #22
    Member slau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AB, Canada
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I just shot my "Panasonic traveling kit", which consists of G1, GH1, 14-45, 14-140, 20f1.7 & a Contax Zeiss 50f1.4 lens. It is like a small Lowepro back pack and I have enough room to carry quite a bit stuffs at the upper compartment, and it does not look like a camera pack.





    Usually I still carry my big back pack which is filled up with all Canon stuffs and a GH1+14-140.
    Stephen Lau
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.pbase.com/stephenl

  23. #23
    Senior Member JBurnett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by slau View Post
    John,
    After seeing your post of the Minolta M 40f2, I tried to locate all my CLE stuffs (I think I have two sets) and found only one body, 28f2.8 & 40f2. I did not even know there is a metal hood for the 40f2 as mine is a rubber hood. Anyway, as I already have the M adapter, I did some quick shooting with the 28f2.8 & 40f2, with the 14-140 kit lens as a reference.

    My quick impression is that the 40f2 is pretty good while the 28f2.8 is so so. Is that your experience with the Minolta lenses too? May be I should spend sometime to play with the M lenses instead of just focus on the Zeiss stuffs. Thanks.
    Stephen, I purchased the Rokkor 40mm used because I was looking for a "fast-ish" lens in that focal length. Somewhere (I forget where -- RangeFinder Forum?) I'd already seen some comparisons between the Rokkor, the 40mm Summicron, and the Voigtlander f/1.4 Nokton, so I had some "reasonable" expectations, and was on the lookout for one of these three. A good deal on the Rokker presented itself first. The metal lens hood is after-market (Heavystar on eBay). The lens came with the standard collapsible rubber hood, but it had spent a little too much time collapsed.

    I like the "character" of the Rokkor very much. Mine is the early version, a direct copy of the Summicron. It's certainly different than modern lenses - sharp enough, but not as "clinically crisp" in my opinion. I don't have a 40mm Voigtlander or Pen or Konica or Olympus OM to compare sharpness, bokeh, etc. at wider apertures, so I can only say that I like what I've seen so far. I haven't done any side-by-side tests with the native zooms; results would be somewhat moot as I didn't really buy the lens to use it at f/5.6 or f/8.

    Other advantages of this lens are its small size, light weight (120g) and very good build quality. Disadvantage is minimum focusing distance.

    Earlier, I'd read some posts that showed smearing and corner issues with some wider m-lenses, so I didn't even consider looking for a 28mm. The matching 90mm f/4 lens from the C-series can be found at resonable prices, but it's a bit too slow IMO. I'm considering the CV 75mm f/2.5 or 90mm Tele-Elmarit as good candidates for the "small" kit but, frankly, this focal length isn't a priority right now.
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca

  24. #24
    PhillipA
    Guest

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Here are my bodies - plus a G1 that isn't in the picture, the lenses don't fit on the kitchen bench I'm afraid ;-)
    Can someone tell me how to make images posted here full sized and not just thumbnails please?

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Leyenaar View Post
    Jim ,

    Nice set up, that G1 is great, my wife made off with mine and the 14-140.

    I am so curious about the EP-1, I have seen so many really nice images
    from that camera, I better not go there, ski season is coming up and I need
    new skis and boots, very expensive.

    Best Regards

    Peter
    The EP1 with pancake would fit nicely into your new ski jacket

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Place, WA.
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    GF1 with 20/1.7 and Luigi Essential wriststrap
    14-140
    7-14
    Terraclime 100 with A&A insert


  27. #27
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I bought the Billingham Hadley Pro last year. It's a superb bag, pricey but worth it.

    That said, sometimes I need something smaller. I really like the Terraclime 100 design ... what's the A&A insert? Looks interesting!

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Place, WA.
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I bought the Billingham Hadley Pro last year. It's a superb bag, pricey but worth it.

    That said, sometimes I need something smaller. I really like the Terraclime 100 design ... what's the A&A insert? Looks interesting!
    Artisan & Artist. Photovillage had them last time I checked. Smaller of the two fits the Terraclime just fine.

    Bill

  29. #29
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Thanks! I'll look into it.

  30. #30
    treynolds
    Guest

    Re: Here's Mine:

    Panny G1, GF1, 20mm f1.7, 14-45mm zoom, 45-200mm zoom, charger, filters and memory, all in a LowePro Sling 100AW bag:







    My thought with the burgundy was that it looks a little LESS like a camera bag. Side-release clips keep the zipper from opening all the way unless I release them. Very secure, very comfortable and easy to swing the bag around while still on my shoulder to remove a camera. GF1 has the 20mm, the G1 the 14-45 zoom.

    I like the fact that the bag comes with a built-in rain cover that stows in the back of the bag and cannot be misplaced or lost. I use the swift-attachment point on the opposite side from the zipper for a mesh bottle holder that holds the bottom section of my Gittos tripod. The top of the tripod get secure to the top of the pack with velcro:



    Tony

  31. #31
    treynolds
    Guest

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipA View Post
    Can someone tell me how to make images posted here full sized and not just thumbnails please?
    Yes, you store the photo you want to reference on an off-computer site. I use Google Photo. I click on the photo in Google to show a preview, right click on the photo, click "Properties" and then cut and paste the resulting URL using the "Insert Photo" icon (yellow box with mountain) in the edit screen.

    Does that make sense?

    Tony

  32. #32
    Senior Member Devon Shaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    My little E-P1 kit

  33. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    I have nowhere near as much gear as any of you guys do. All I have is an EP1 with the 20mm Panny (sold the kit zoom). If there was one final lens that would seal off my "needs" it'd be a mini version of the 50mm ZD Macro.

  34. #34
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by brianb032 View Post
    I have nowhere near as much gear as any of you guys do. All I have is an EP1 with the 20mm Panny (sold the kit zoom). If there was one final lens that would seal off my "needs" it'd be a mini version of the 50mm ZD Macro.
    You want the Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8. A kit comprised of a body and these two lenses is enough, really.

  35. #35
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: THIS IS NOW MY KIT, SHOW ME YOURS

    Quote Originally Posted by wjlapier View Post
    Artisan & Artist. Photovillage had them last time I checked. Smaller of the two fits the Terraclime just fine.

    Bill
    Is this the right one?

    http://photovillage.com/product.php?...5&cat=0&page=1

    thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •