The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Groupings, Sets and Series

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
John

I really like your images of old Toronto. Now you've got me thinking seriously about a day trip there, I'm only a two hour train ride away.

regards
Santo
Santo
Lots of stuff to photograph in Toronto, too many to list. But the Beach, Cabbagetown and Cork Town are good places to start.

As usual, lovely images, John :thumbs:

Keith

Jonas

Can I line up and applaud the work? Well done!

I also had a look at two of Paul's collections. I liked the one called Fog also of some of the images were kind of similar to each other. I noticed he mentioned what font he used... not very necessary in my opinion although I liked the way the work and material was described.

scho

Thank you Diane, John, and Jonas. I like the convenience of setting up these small portfolios in a page layout app (using Apple Pages) and then just exporting a pdf file for the web and sending the original file to the printer.

JBurnett

Hi, Ron. Just where "a little north or Toronto" are you? Is this building close by?

I, too, find I'm drawn to windows and doors and "age". The following shots are from Black Creek (the first three), and from Prince Edward County (the last one). Jeez, someone might start to think we live in a pretty backward and dilapidated area of the world! :)

scho

Thank you Michiel.

John and Ron, Very nice series of window/door shots in the Toronto area. Old, abandoned buildings offer a lot of interesting material for the photographer.

Ron Evers

John, we live on 10 acres in the amalgamated town of New Tecumseth; formerly Alliston, Beeton, Tottenham & Tecumseth township. It is ~60km north of the 401.

The subject building is in the town of Beeton where there are many film shoots due to the large number of old Victorian buildings in good condition. I have a few shots of them.

Regarding dilapidated, here are a couple:

JBurnett

John, we live on 10 acres in the amalgamated town of New Tecumseth; formerly Alliston, Beeton, Tottenham & Tecumseth township. It is ~60km north of the 401.
Yes, I know that area, but I wasn't aware of the "amalgamation". There is (still) some beautiful countryside thereabouts.

Michiel Schierbeek

This summer the whole city of Amsterdam was full of elephants, all decorated differently by various artists. They were auctioned to save the real elephants.

Michiel

G1 + Panasonic 45-200mm and Nikon 105/2.5

Ron Evers

Here are some Victorian houses in the town of Beeton. Between 100 year old trees & utility poles & lines it was a challenge to shoot them nicely.

5. A beautiful house spoiled by conversion to apartments. :thumbdown:

f6cvalkyrie

Anyone else interested?
You got me interested, John :D:D

I shoot calendars for my family every year, that's 13 pics that sequentially decorate their walls, but you never get to see more than one at a time.

Today, I shot this "Winter Morning" triptych in my garden.

G1 with Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8 @ f2.8 iso400
Software involved : Silkypix, Corel PSP Photo X2, Framefun

Bigger size pic here : http://rapidshare.com/files/321204290/Winter_morning.jpg

C U,
Rafael

MRfanny

This is a great thread. Positioning is key to something like this so it might work better if people arrange their pics as intended and then save as one image as per some of the examples above?

Godfrey

new set ...

showed these at a photo meeting last evening ...

your thoughts always appreciated. :)