The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sensor Cleaning

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I have a G1 and an E-P1 and I am changing lenses all the time on both bodies.

By a fluke I discovered how dirty the sensor was on my G1. I'm now researching the best way to clean it - I would love to know people's experience with this.

Keith

Brian Mosley

Hi Keith,

I just used a sensor cleaning pen - the AA filter is pretty tough. Very easy to clean, being such a short registration distance and open.

Good luck! I cleaned my G1 and E-P1 recently.

Cheers

Brian

slau

I have a G1 and an E-P1 and I am changing lenses all the time on both bodies.

By a fluke I discovered how dirty the sensor was on my G1. I'm now researching the best way to clean it - I would love to know people's experience with this.

Keith
The sensor of my G1 was good when it came in, but the GH1 sensor needed a complete 'wet' cleaning immediately. I used and have been using the same Eclipse optical cleaner and the Pec Pad for all my digital cameras. Actually cleaning the sensor of my GH1 is the easiest as the sensor is so exposed up front.
http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/methods.html

PeterB666

I use the Lenspen SensorKlear pen and it works well and reasonably priced. I got mine in a kit with 3 spare cleaning tips/caps. Each is claimed to last about 50 cleans and at the rate I am going that should last me close to the 22nd century.

You get rid of all the crap first by holding the camera sensor down, and blow out the loose crap with a decent rocket blower

With the camera facing down, run through several cycles of the cameras sensor cleaning thingie (with the Olympus cameras that just means power it on and off a couple of times). That will dislodge any loose stuff that the blower didn't get (there shouldn't be any).

Then work your magic with the SensorKlear pen.

I have never had a situation where the SensorKlear didn't work and no need for wet cleaning.