The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

micro 4/3 to 4/3 adapter???

Tullio

How can I use my Lumix m4/3 lenses on a 4/3 camera? There are many adapters to go from a 4/3 to m4/3 system but not the other way around. Is anyone aware of such an adapter?

Robert Campbell

You can't - at least in any meaningful way. The register of the micro 43 system is much less than regular 43, so that were you able to put a micro lens on regular 43, you would loose infinity focus -- the lens would be more like a close focussing macro one. I don't think that there is such an adaptor.

PeterB666

No. The mount to sensor distance for MFT is approximately 20mm. The mount to sensor distance for FT is approximately 40mm. You would need to insert some optics between the two to compensate for that and no one has done that and the market for it would be limited.

Not only that, but you would need to relay the electrics too as the lenses will only focus with the aid of a bit of juice. Both AF and MF require power from the camera.