The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 25/1.4 C-mount...check it out!

monza

Here it is screwed into an MS Optical c-mount adapter, next to the absolutely gigantic 14-45 kit lens.

Here is a quick shot at f1.4.

Will shoot more tomorrow but this looks like a really nice lens with just a touch of vignetting.

apicius9

I've been saying that for a while now, but nobody ever listens to me ;) I find it not only to almost fully illuminate the sensor but it's also very easy to handle compared to others that are that small. I had one serviced for myself, still waiting for it to come back, though...

Stefan

monza

Yes indeed Stefan, the ergonomics are the best of any small 25mm that I've tried...focuses to 12"...what's not to like? I guess they are fairly uncommon though.

Jonas

(...) the ergonomics are the best of any small 25mm that I've tried...focuses to 12"...what's not to like?
The text on that red cup to the right maybe? It would be interesting to see more images showing the bokeh in different situations. I wonder if that text is just an unfortunate coincidence of if the bokeh often is rendered that "nervous" way?

The aperture ring at the front and the focusing scale going in the "right" direction... nice.

V

Vivek

We are all late comers when it comes to c-mount lenses, Robert.:eek:
[After having missed a SOM Berthiot 25/0.95 for pretty much nothing, I am glad that I found one for a "reasonable" price.]

I have let many of these go and never bought one.

I agree with you on the ergonomics (mainly because of the aperture ring at the front), the sample I tried was fine.

Still the Computar-TV 25/1.3 (minimum focus can be brought down to 0.3m from 0.5m after a minor modification) is my most used lens.

Y.B.Hudson III

yehh...the Little rascals are out there...often mislabeled, and not listed in the usual places.

Last week I bought a computar v2513 for $10.00 with prioriy mail included, a canon 25 1.4 for $10.00 plus shipping...:)

The computar v2513 can be used on the MS Optical adapter with out modification of the mount...just a minor adjustment of the helicoil retaining screws...

Last edited:

apicius9

yehh...the Little rascals are out there...often mislabeled, and not listed in the usual places.

Last week I bought a computar v2513 for $10.00 with prioriy mail included, a canon 25 1.4 for $10.00 plus shipping...:)

The computar v2513 can be used on the MS Optical adapter with out modification of the mount...just a minor adjustment of the helicoil retaining screws...

Nice finds, I wish I would come across a few for these prices. But then again, I keep telling myself I am in selling mode and shouldn't even look...

Reg. the optical adapter: Is that still available somewhere? I have a few others, but if it saves me from messing with my Computar lens I might just get another one...

Stefan

pentacon6

It seems to be a better version. It is able to be adjusted to F22.
I got one with black paint, aperture from F1.4 to 16.
The vignetting is obvious at 4:3, acceptable at 3:2, not visible at 16:9
I have to say the sharpness is good.

ISO 200, f/2, 1/40s

What I only dislike about this lens is the closet distance is 50cm which is too far away for me.