The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 for $599 straight from Panasonic

A

Abbazz

It includes the kit zoom and shipping is free!

I'd run for it...

Cheers!

Abbazz

W

wblynch

In the Technical Specs tab, it identifies the 14-45 zoom lens as included. This is the standard kit configuration offered in the United States.

"Focal Length - f=14mm to 45mm (35mm film camera equivalent 28mm to 90mm)"

Says phone orders only. I do not see a lens listed in the sale though.
Joe

hodad66

I have been advised that my order is "back ordered" with
no date for delivery. This is a Christmas present..... hope
that they get their act together.

G

gme109

I have been advised that my order is "back ordered" with
no date for delivery. This is a Christmas present..... hope
that they get their act together.
Any word on your order yet? I'm thinking about ordering the same thing, but need it before Christmas. They say its in stock on their website, but apparently that is not true.

hodad66

They just advised me that they would have a delivery date of
the 13th for the bag and the 16th for the cam. THE PROBLEM?
I just ordered from Crutchfield (blue model) and a bag from Ebay
....... I'm in the middle of trying to get the Pany order canceled
for which the young lady is going to return my call. :(

G

gme109

They just advised me that they would have a delivery date of
the 13th for the bag and the 16th for the cam. THE PROBLEM?
I just ordered from Crutchfield (blue model) and a bag from Ebay
....... I'm in the middle of trying to get the Pany order canceled
for which the young lady is going to return my call. :(
You can have them send it to me :D if you'd like. That way I'd have it before Christmas.

I'm still deciding if I can live with the red one, much rather have black, or even blue. But the price sure is right.

Ron Evers

I paid 615C$ for a blue one back in June here in Canada. Free delivery, ordered on a Friday & got it on the following Monday via UPS. Have the prices gone up?

Diane B

I paid 615C$ for a blue one back in June here in Canada. Free delivery, ordered on a Friday & got it on the following Monday via UPS. Have the prices gone up?
And back last winter (north of the equator winter) there were a lot of us that bought them on Ebay (from a Canadian store) and got really great prices. Mine was one of the higher ones at $530.

G

gme109

I guess they have. The least expensive blue one I found was $649 online.

I just got a local dealer who said he'll sell me a black one for $675. I think I'll jump on it.

Update:
Just now found all three colors for $591 online.
http://www.need4digital.com/results.asp?catid=&subcatid=&query=dmc+g1&manuf=&sort=3&x=&y=

Not too sure about this dealer though.

Last edited:

Diane B

Knowing what I know now, I would be more than willing to pay $675. I love my G1 after almost 11 months.

JCT

Update:
Just now found all three colors for $591 online.
http://www.need4digital.com/results.asp?catid=&subcatid=&query=dmc+g1&manuf=&sort=3&x=&y=

Not too sure about this dealer though.
Well, I've never heard of those guys and given NYC's uh, "history" with mail-order only, bait-and-switch shops I would be a bit leery of a place with such a low-ball price. You know, B&H has the blue and red sets in-stock at $639.00 .

I was originally going to buy the GF1 but couldn't pass up the stellar G1 kit prices. I'm very glad I went that way-- especially now that I have seen the G1 with the 20mm mounted. Pretty darn compact.

JT

kwalsh

The direct from Panasonic sounds like a great deal. That said, also pay attention to E-bay and Bing Cashback. There are usually new or sometimes open box G1s on E-bay from reputable sellers for a little over $600. Bing cashback is usually at 8%, but in the past few days has popped up to 15% and even 20% with the holiday shopping upon us. So, if you are a big time deal hunter and watch Bing like a hawk (or use a notification service) you might pick up a new G1 for under $500... I got my new blue G1 w/8% cashback + 2% ebay bucks for $540 new a few months ago.

Oh, and I saw at least one person on DPR picked up a new GH1 kit from E-bay while the 20% cashback was on. They got the GH1+14-140 for about the same price as an EP-2, now that was a steal!

Ken