Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C-Mount lenses - alternatives to Ebay?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C-Mount lenses - alternatives to Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I am also a bit worried about the extension tubes, they seem to be aluminum and 'grind' a little bit, I'm afraid I'll get small metal particles on the sensor. Now my thought is to sacrifice one c-mount adapter and glue it to the tube piece so that the bellows will sit correctly when I attach it. I could also use that combination with all my other c-mounts for macro shots, and I wouldn't have to modify the bellows in any way. Is there any other easy solution I am overlooking?
    The easy solution for me is to attach the lenses to the adapter first, then mount the adapter+lens combination to the camera. I had the same concern about screwing some old, mechanical thread just millimeters from the sensor. Another easy step is to thoroughly clean (blown air, brush, etc.) the c-mount thread on the lens side to get rid of as many particulates as possible.

To me, c-mount lenses don't exactly lend themselves to quick changes, so when I shoot with those lenses I normally dedicate an entire session to a specific lens, which isn't really much of an issue given that I do that normally in any event. That means I minimize any potential issues that might arise from changing lenses a lot. Certainly if you only have one c-mount lens then it makes some sense to keep it attached to the adapter at all times even though it'll take up more storage space.

Marcuz

Hello i've just registered to this forum, and since my problem is related to the discussion here, i preferred to following with a reply instead to start a new thread; i hope that's fine.

i just bought me an E P-1, with the 14-42 kit; while i'm not a particularly good photographer, i'm loving it and i'm reading a lot about micro four thirds, and seeing samples of the various cine lenses here and on flickr.

So, i wanted to buy a 25mm and at first i was attracted by Switar; since i was costantly outbid on them on ebay, i was considering also a Wollensak and other. But i'm a bit confused at this point in which could suit me better.

basically i'm looking for a soft bokeh and as little vignetting as possible, i do mind less, in comparison about barrel distorsion.

I would like to use them to film a little also, and so far i have seen outstanding movie results (in regard of resolution/clarity) for the Switar and (in regard of warmth of colors, bokeh) for the cine-nikkor 1.4

do you have any advice?

In addition to your advices, i would like to ask a couple of specific questions for which i haven't found answers on the www:

Are the Wollensak Velostigmat and the Raptar much different in regard of the above?

Are the two models of Cine-Nikkor 1.4 and the 1.5 different in any other way other than the aperture stop? Would be the Cine-Nikkor 1.4 worth the major cost on ebay in respect to the Wollensok, at the same condition?

I'm sorry if this post is not very professional, but i would be really happy to have some doubt solved and to learn to use the camera better.

thanks!
    Last edited by Marcuz; 26th January 2010 at 12:31.

Marcuz

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuz View Post
    Are the two models of Cine-Nikkor 1.4 and the 1.5 different in any other way other than the aperture stop? Would be the Cine-Nikkor 1.4 worth the major cost on ebay in respect to the Wollensok, at the same condition?
    argh! i meant 1,4 and 1,8! mistype :/