The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1's date of manufacture?

G

gme109

Does anyone know if its possible to check the date of manufacture of a G1, going through the menus on the camera?

I'm going to check out a G1, that I was told is a new, in the box camera. I'm not even sure if buying a camera like this on the used market is such a good idea, I've never done it before. Other than turning it on, and making sure it works, how can one possible tell if everything is up to par? I'm a little nervous, but saving around $300 over retail is very tempting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Airtimid

take a picture and check to see what the total shutter actuations are. Opanda will tell you and I think CS4 does also. If the number is unusually high (few hundred) i'd guess it was used or a demo.