The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 question re. "Direct AF Area"

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
If this is set to "On", is there a quick way of returning the AF point to the centre of the screen (à la D3/D700)?

Got the 45–200 lens today too: early signs v. good.

Cheers to all, KL

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
If this is set to "On", is there a quick way of returning the AF point to the centre of the screen (à la D3/D700)?
Now I'm wondering if it's just Nikon (D3/D700/D300) users who are irritated by this inability to reset the AF point on the G1. Or do Canon/Sony/Pentax DSLRs also offer a quick and easy means of returning the AF point to the center of the screen?

Terry

I can't take full credit....I saw the tip a few months ago over at DPReview and a lot of people had the same "Aha" moment.

sangio

I just had an "aha" moment as well, until I tried it, and it didn't work ??
Then I found that you have to have the AF point engaged for moving before this feature will work.... Then I had another "aha" moment....

Thanks Terry, this is great. :thumbs:

regards
Santo